Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Like what?

like the people who kept jumping up and down on one of the service tables outside the big blue bus (lovely pizzas) until it broke... and then they moved on to the next one... maybe i'm getting old but B&S could do without this sort of brain dead stupidity...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Did anyone find the Disco Tree in the Walled Gardens? I was half looking for it, half out of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dice3344

Did anyone find the Disco Tree in the Walled Gardens? I was half looking for it, half out of my head.

Didn't spot it actually and it was one of the things I was going to look out for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I don't believe it exists. Queer propaganda is you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I don't believe it exists. Queer propaganda is you ask me.

It was there alright, tucked away in a far corner of the Walled Gardens by the press hospitality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

It was there alright, tucked away in a far corner of the Walled Gardens by the press hospitality.

I think I saw it.....think I was there....god the wkend was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

dice3344 wrote: »
    Do you think it's worth it to go for the Boutique camping? How did your friends find the location and atmosphere etc.?

I actually spent most of the weekend in the boutique area - made friends with the security so they had no issue with me popping in to see my mates, so long as I wasn't taking the mick and bringing other people in with me.

I think I'll camp there next year, but mostly because my girlfriend has crohn's desease and regular camping isn't really an option.

But I have to say the atmosphere was quite good, there's a cool communal area that's sheltered and there's always people so basically you sessioned till the wee hours there, it also had power sockets so you could bring your phone and speakers and have some background music. Bring out your sleeping bags and sheepskin rugs and it's quite cosy, even at 6am when it seems a bit bleak!

The tents themselves are a little over priced I think, especially at 30euro for an inflatable bed, but it is certainly worth it, especially if the weather is ****e and like my missus regular camping isn't an option. The toilets are usually readily available and quite clean.

Was at Hidden Agenda stage for a good while after Caribou on Sunday before wandering off elsewhere for the rest of the night. Raging I missed this at the end!!

That would be me losing my **** on stage with the baseball cap. Great way to finish the weekend... Samba de jenerio during a WC year, genius... :P

Haven't seen much mention of Goldfrapp - what did you think of them? What was the set like?
    I would've gone just for Goldfrapp (have seen them a few times now) but I couldn't get the time off work :(

I enjoyed it, but only really got good towards the end when they played some more of their rockier stuff, ended up smashing out strict machine.

Before...

10308091_10204401779311481_8132733256119145427_n.jpg

After...

10509537_10154301873700273_1796178867302544835_n.jpg

Came back to my tent after spending the day in the boutique area to see this at 6am on Monday morning - quite a wake up call, but to be honest I was just glad my tent was still there, which is more than I can say for the likes of Oxegen or EP.

Yeah, unfortunately there is always a few people who have to wreck things to have a good weekend. The one thing that really annoyed me was the floating cube installation in the forest was wrecked before Saturday night. Like seriously, the 9 years olds were better behaved.

• Advertisement

Is that that bad...? My campsite looked exactly like that really. I didn't destroy anything and I did clean up with the bags but I did get super pissed so a mess was inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Us & You green campsite was the job. TONNES of space, nice and clean. Could walk around it barefoot on Sunday. Full of sound heads and the toilets were grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Us & You green campsite was the job. TONNES of space, nice and clean. Could walk around it barefoot on Sunday. Full of sound heads and the toilets were grand.

Yeah +1 to this, it was great.

Hopefully EP do something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roudolph

First timer here who has been to many festivals here and abroad. Absolutely loved B&S and I think the best festival I've been to. Just wondering does anyone know why the festvial ended early on the Sunday night? On the timetable Reckless in Love and one or two other stages were meant to stay going until 4am but all was pretty much closed by 2am.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Roudolph wrote: »
    First timer here who has been to many festivals here and abroad. Absolutely loved B&S and I think the best festival I've been to. Just wondering does anyone know why the festvial ended early on the Sunday night? On the timetable Reckless in Love and one or two other stages were meant to stay going until 4am but all was pretty much closed by 2am.

Perhaps everyone was knackered by 2 am, I know I headed off to crash out at 1.30 am and I was up fairly late all the other nights, its hard work running the stages too. If you want to continue it, bring your beat box or ipod dock into the woods and keep blasting out the sounds I'm sure you'll find a few who want to continue to dance the night away.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roudolph

That's fair enough but don't put down on the timetable a 4am finish and then finish at 2am. And by the big crowds that were still in the woods at this stage looking for some music, our group were not alone. I understand that most were knackered at that stage and an earlier finish is probably best for all but I know it was well before 2am and the place was heading for shutdown. Bit of a buzz kill at the time tbh given they stated it would be a 4am end.

That's fair enough but don't put down on the timetable a 4am finish and then finish at 2am. And by the big crowds that were still in the woods at this stage looking for some music, our group were not alone. I understand that most were knackered at that stage and an earlier finish is probably best for all but I know it was well before 2am and the place was heading for shutdown. Bit of a buzz kill at the time tbh given they stated it would be a 4am end.

Your dead right actually as I'm looking at the timetable just now, I'm reviewing the festival and have almost completed it. The times listed in the time table, the two big stages closed at 12, Pagoda stage finished at 1, Good Times Lounge 1.30, Wonderlust 11.45, Reckless in Love was supposed to finish at 4 with the Hidden Agenda DJs, Radio Shack at 3 am, My House was also supposed to end at 4 with the My House DJs and Port Royal was to end at 4 too with Cian Finn.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Yeah +1 to this, it was great.

Hopefully EP do something similar

EP do is as well. We stayed in it last year. It was called "Leave No Trace" Same thing. Barried off, sound heads, loads of room :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Absolute rubbish that people are trying to justify the 2am close on Sunday. That was an absolute joke and personally, we had based our night around the 4am finish as many others had.

Still a great festival though, one of my favourite ever to be honest - it was literally perfect bar the shocking delays on the way in on Friday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Absolute rubbish that people are trying to justify the 2am close on Sunday. That was an absolute joke and personally, we had based our night around the 4am finish as many others had.

Still a great festival though, one of my favourite ever to be honest - it was literally perfect bar the shocking delays on the way in on Friday evening

As much as I was knackered we just didn't want our night to end!after that samba World Cup song we were all shouting one more tune like hooligans!!!! Couldn't believe it when it ended!!

• Advertisement

my complete review of the festival, I hope you enjoy, give it a few minutes to load. http://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2014/06/25/body-soul-festival-2014-review-june-20th-22nd/

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dice3344

Totally agree with this. We just had to rally a few back to the tent and use the aul phone in a cup speaker system.. Bit disappointed though about the abrupt end.

My mate was running Hidden Agenda @ Reckless in Love stage was told by the organisers on the Sunday that music would be stopped at 2am. So either there was a misprint on the timetable, or somebody changed their mind at some point.

Also, whoever was playing in the Jook Joint at 1am on Sunday night is an absolute legend, because they dropped this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

.ak wrote: »
    Also, whoever was playing in the Jook Joint at 1am on Sunday night is an absolute legend, because they dropped this.

Ha thanks a million i was wondering what that was, they played it late friday night too. Shazam didnt pick it up.

lbj666 wrote: »
    Ha thanks a million i was wondering what that was, they played it late friday night too. Shazam didnt pick it up.

Absolute gem. In the thick of it on Sunday night it was extra special, myself and my mate were trying to make our way to the reckless area and it caught our ear, we had to go in and check it out, like a siren call us ashore! Haha. Serious tune.

One of Cork's finest.

• Advertisement

Is that that bad...? My campsite looked exactly like that really. I didn't destroy anything and I did clean up with the bags but I did get super pissed so a mess was inevitable.

Yeah it was grand tbh. I just thought it was funny cuz we did a pretty good job of keeping the area clean, then to come back and find all the bin bags up against my tent. All in all it was pretty clean, just got a bit bleak towards the end.

Advertisement