Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

James Holden playing too:
    http://www.elasticartists.net/artist/james-holden/

EwqHriT.png

e: that was quick, removed now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I'm in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Hopefully the drinks company sponsors wont have as much say in the allowed amount of drink for the campsite this year.
    And hopefully they will allow re-entry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Can't find a price for these tickets or else they seem very cheap. €70 for a weekend camping ticket? Is that right?

sorry, scratch that, found them on the website. Ticketmaster just said €70 which has confused me. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The proper headline poster announcement.
    1981876_10153859903575514_2076203589_n.jpg?oh=0ab102ec043458fe134ff7a28c475620&oe=53943575&__gda__=1400837179_288ea56523d3029c5fbb192fdfa5b6b1

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen Goldfrapp at Pukkelpop few years ago and really enjoyed them

Buraka Som Sistema - Boiler Room

Jon Hopkins - Boiler Room June 2013

Darkside - Boiler Room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Saw Goldfrapp at Oxegen (the only reason I went) and then at the Olympia a few months later. One of my favourite performers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

It's a very exciting line up, with so much more to come. Very glad I invested in Early Birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Some great acts there - have seen a fair few of them before but looking forward to seeing them again.

Jon Hopkins @ BnS was a real highlight of last year overall for me so really looking forward to seeing him again. Caribou, Mount Kimbie and Darkside all great bookings as well.

Now can someone remind them to book some decent weather for a change as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

I know the website states "no gazebos", but just wondering how strictly this is enforced, I've seen gazebos up at plenty of other festivals that had this rule and it didn't matter.
    Has anyone seen or had a gazebo up in previous years?

Hopefully the drinks company sponsors wont have as much say in the allowed amount of drink for the campsite this year.
    And hopefully they will allow re-entry

no such luck, same nonsense as last year:

http://bodyandsoul.ie/wp_super_faq/can-i-bring-alcohol/
    24 cans of beer / lager / cider

OR

4 bottles white or red wine/prosecco (decanted into a plastic bottle – NO GLASS)
    OR
    1 litre spirits (decanted into a plastic bottle – NO GLASS)
    Please note, searches will be undertaken upon entry to ensure this is complied with and any alcohol above this allocation will be confiscated. You may only bring your alcohol allocation into the festival upon first entry at the wristband check. If you leave the festival, alcohol will not be permitted on re-entry.

Into Main Arena: From 11pm onwards festival goers can bring any liquids, alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages, into the main arena, but not beforehand. (No Glass Permitted)

Family Exception: Families entering at any time with sealed plastic bottles or cartons of water, milk, juice, etc for their children will be permitted. Last year a number of incidents were reported by families where security emptied children’s drinks which they should not have. This was due to a miscommunication with security – this year we will ensure that they are briefed fully. (No Glass)

There are free water points throughout the site. They will be positioned on the map prior to event.

No glass containers are permitted on site whatsoever but decanting services are available at the main entrance where 1 litre plastic bottles are available for €1.

i wonder if they'll be confiscating unopened soft drinks between the carpark and campsite on the Sunday again this year too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

1L of spirits isn't enough to get anyone "obliterated" over 3 days.
    you'd probably be under the drink-drive limit if you rationed it out evenly.

it's your opinion that it's "more than enough", i have friends who due to their height/weight, it's would barely effect them whatsoever.

anyway, my issue is more with the ludicrous "you have to bring all your drink in first time, you can't go out to the car and get more" nonsense.

other festivals don't need these bizarre drinks rules in place, why does B&S need to treat people like children?
    why were people not allowed bring soft drinks into the campsite on the Sunday last year?

ok so, why not reduce it down to ~200ml of spirits that is acceptable for a man to drink over 3 days, and limit women to 140ml, if we're going to go pretend these limits are for health reasons? :rolleyes:

again, not that i really care about the allowance limit, i'm still going to bring 24cans and smuggle some spirits, and i'm sure plenty of people will do the same.
    people will still get hammered, be it with their own drink, or some they're forced to buy inside (no direction from drinkaware.ie on limits on buying from our sponsors :rolleyes: ). it's the "you're not allowed re-enter with alcohol/must bring it all on the first entry" part that is daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Lovely lineup so far. Haven't been before and will probably head this year. The alcohol limit doesn't really bother me to much. What are the drink prices in the campsite/arena though? I assume the drinks sponsor will want to make a killing on people that run out early?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

John Grant is a definite - playing on the Saturday night (21 June).

good man denzel-sources?!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

What sort of crowd/age group does this festival usually attract?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

1L of spirits isn't enough to get anyone "obliterated" over 3 days.
    you'd probably be under the drink-drive limit if you rationed it out evenly.

it's your opinion that it's "more than enough", i have friends who due to their height/weight, it's would barely effect them whatsoever.

anyway, my issue is more with the ludicrous "you have to bring all your drink in first time, you can't go out to the car and get more" nonsense.

other festivals don't need these bizarre drinks rules in place, why does B&S need to treat people like children?
    why were people not allowed bring soft drinks into the campsite on the Sunday last year?
    This. This was one of the reasons the festival fell down last year. It's ridiculous and another mood dampener (that and the fact this just isn't big enough a festival for three days)

• Advertisement

You are better off working at it, there is no hassle for staff if you have that particular wrist band, no drink limitations, you tend not to get your knapsack searched although I got searched thoroughly when I went to visit mates at the main camp site and came back through to the main arena on the Sunday. Im down for the week following on to the festival, so all my work will be done by the weekend.

DaveSuarez: There will be all sorts of ages there, roughly between 21 - 50 years old, at least, same sorta age group as at EP, there will be a few teenagers no doubt too, there will be families there so mid 20s - 30s age group possibly. Fairly relaxed and chilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

This is an awesome festival with a really nice vibe. While I can see that people might want to save cash on booze I dont think its an unreasonable limit and really if that ruins the weekend for anyone then I dont think they are the kind of person B&S are trying to attract. The only negative I have from last year was the amount of drugged up assholes in the dance tent on the friday night. It was rediculous. I've nothing against people having fun but being off your head causing hassle isnt ok - totally ruined the vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Fi H wrote: »
    This is an awesome festival with a really nice vibe. While I can see that people might want to save cash on booze I dont think its an unreasonable limit and really if that ruins the weekend for anyone then I dont think they are the kind of person B&S are trying to attract. The only negative I have from last year was the amount of drugged up assholes in the dance tent on the friday night. It was rediculous. I've nothing against people having fun but being off your head causing hassle isnt ok - totally ruined the vibe.

Hassle? I didn't see any hassle over the weekend at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I'd say this is their best line up in a few years, I was really disappointed not to have been able to go last year, especially missing Jon Hopkins and Nicolas Jaar, delighted that they're playing again this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    What sort of crowd/age group does this festival usually attract?
    80+ years of age, based purely on this post:

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Yep slightly older crowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

This is an awesome festival with a really nice vibe....

Really? .. Awesome is big word and "literally" overused. IMHO, this festival is pretty good (went downhill a fair bit last year). As for the really nice vibe.. from the festival goers, fine, but from the security? Jesus, it was a disgrace last year, way over the top on many fronts. Bad security has a very large effect on the overall vibe of a festival.
    ... While I can see that people might want to save cash on booze I dont think its an unreasonable limit and really if that ruins the weekend for anyone then I dont think they are the kind of person B&S are trying to attract....

Surprised that B&S are trying to attract a certain "kind of person". I think that somewhat goes against the spirit of this festival.

Having said that, I saw some really bad kinds of people last year, unshaven, and dare I say it, even unclean some of them. I have been looking around their website to see if I am the right kind of person ... I can't find the definition anywhere, so I am a bit concerned that I might not gain entry.
    /s

Not really bothered about the limit myself (although I don't really see the need apart from the fact that the sponsors request it)... However, last year my mates in campervan were not allowed to bring a few cans over to our tent for a few pre-arena drinkies.. daft! This year we are also in campervan, so not too pushed, but if the campervan area turns out to be just a cordoned off area in the car park again, I will be asking for a refund on that ticket (50 squid). This means that if we do want to have a couple of drinks after the bars close (if that's ok with you ;)), then we have to trek back out to the car park and probably miss the best part of someone's set... seriously daft :mad::mad::mad:.

For myself, 24 cans of beer is about right for a w/e like this, but the means of executing this policy is actually a problem... not properly thought out last year and seemingly not learned from that poor execution this year.
    ... The only negative I have from last year was the amount of drugged up assholes in the dance tent on the friday night. It was rediculous. I've nothing against people having fun but being off your head causing hassle isnt ok - totally ruined the vibe.

I personally didn't see any hassle in there and I am pretty sure I wasn't one of the so called "drugged up", whatever that should mean. Do you mean people pissed? Cos normally thats what causes hassle.

But to be honest, if that was the only negative you had from last year, I would say you don't go to a lot of festivals. There were lots of issues with this festival last year and I cant be arsed repeating them all again cos its all over here and on facebook. But those issues mainly revolve around security policies not being fully thought out and being over-zealously executed by some of the most heavy handed security people I have ever come across at a festival (been going to festivals for over 20 years btw).

/end yearly knee jerk reaction to some random forum post

• Advertisement

Just got an email from the Jon Hopkins website saying that he will be playing on Saturday 21st June, that will be nice, last year my last energy reserves expired at his gig on the Sunday. By the time I got to Nicholas Jaar, the crowd behind me were basically holding me up. :eek:

Advertisement