Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I remember the atmosphere in the Little Big Tent in 2009, me and my mates were on our way to see Seasick Steve, but the sound coming from the LBT stopped us on our tracks, we had to go and investigate and boy what a class act. Portuguese/African hip hop, rap and alternative dance music mixing styles such as Zouk and Kizomba unique to the Lisbon region of Portugal. This clip basically just shows the state of the audience but Buraka Som Sistema are just completely off the wall and very different electronic dance music tinged with African percussion amazingly reproduced electronically, the second clip seems to be more of a live act with rapping and live drums. Well worth checking out and perfect for a Body&Soul vibe.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Sean33

Is it sold out? Can't seem to buy any tickets on the ticketmaster site.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Philm_12

Sean33 wrote: »
    Is it sold out? Can't seem to buy any tickets on the ticketmaster site.

Tickets still available according to B&S website!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Definitely not sold out. Festivals seem to run into this problem when they release tickets in stages or "tiers". Should be available soon enough.

• Advertisement

Ok awesome thanks for the help. Had me scared there for a minute! :P

Is it just me or are the tickets gone back down to 70 euro again???

http://i.imgur.com/Y1KKBz8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Sean33 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the tickets gone back down to 70 euro again???

http://i.imgur.com/Y1KKBz8.png
    that's the installment page, presumably it's 70 for the initial payment, then whatever the rest is at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ConConKing

Just bought my ticket there!! Really looking forward to seeing Mount Kimbie. I thought I'd get to see him at EP last year but he was on at the same time as Artic Monkeys so I missed him. Excited for Caribou too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 KevinOC

Awesome line-up, Caribou is brilliant live so if I can save up enough money I'll definitely try and get down again this year! It really is a magical place.

So I just went to order the tickets and they aren't available? Are they sold out or what?

Got them in the end. By god, ticketmaster is a horribly dreadful website.

I'd say we are due a 2nd announcement soon, its been a while since the first one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

So yeah....went looking at tickets on ticketmaster...

Hopelessly confusing. Fck ****-itmaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

At least they are allowing you to bring your drink into the main arena (where the music is) this year. last year was a joke the searches each time.

DRINK POLICY
    There will be ample bars at the festival selling drinks at reasonable prices, one of the revenue streams we rely on to fund the festival. However, festival-goers are permitted to bring a personal allocation of their own alcohol into the festival, personal quota as follows:

24 cans of beer/ cider and 2 bottles of wine per person (no glass permitted onsite)
    or
    1 bottle (750 ml) of spirits and 2 bottles of wine per person. (no glass permitted onsite)

Your allocation must be brought into the festival at time of first entry. If you leave the festival grounds alcohol will not be permitted on re-entry. Families entering the festival at any time with sealed plastic bottles or cartons of fluids for their children will be permitted.

FREE-FLOW
    There will be no further searches once you have been admitted to the festival. Liquids of any sort, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, can be brought wherever you wish, whenever you wish. Do note, however, that no glass containers are permitted on site whatsoever but decanting services are available at the main entrance where 1 litre plastic bottles are available for €1.00.

There are also free water points throughout the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

Beans_On wrote: »
    At least they are allowing you to bring your drink into the main arena (where the music is) this year. last year was a joke the searches each time.

DRINK POLICY
    There will be ample bars at the festival selling drinks at reasonable prices, one of the revenue streams we rely on to fund the festival. However, festival-goers are permitted to bring a personal allocation of their own alcohol into the festival, personal quota as follows:

24 cans of beer/ cider and 2 bottles of wine per person (no glass permitted onsite)
    or
    1 bottle (750 ml) of spirits and 2 bottles of wine per person. (no glass permitted onsite)

Your allocation must be brought into the festival at time of first entry. If you leave the festival grounds alcohol will not be permitted on re-entry. Families entering the festival at any time with sealed plastic bottles or cartons of fluids for their children will be permitted.

FREE-FLOW
    There will be no further searches once you have been admitted to the festival. Liquids of any sort, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, can be brought wherever you wish, whenever you wish. Do note, however, that no glass containers are permitted on site whatsoever but decanting services are available at the main entrance where 1 litre plastic bottles are available for €1.00.

Where did you get that from?
    Different rule in http://bodyandsoul.ie/info/faqs/

Food & Drink

▶ Can I bring Alcohol?

Admission of alcohol into the event is limited to:

24 cans of beer / lager / cider

OR

4 bottles white or red wine/prosecco
    (decanted into a plastic bottle - NO GLASS)

OR

1 litre spirits (decanted into a plastic bottle - NO GLASS)

Please note: Searches will be undertaken upon entry to ensure this is complied with and any alcohol above this allocation will be confiscated. You may only bring your alcohol allocation into the festival upon first entry at the wristband check. If you leave the festival, alcohol will not be permitted on re-entry.

Into Main Arena: From 11pm onwards festival goers can bring any liquids, alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages, into the main arena, but not beforehand.(No Glass Permitted)

Family Exception: Families entering at any time with sealed plastic bottles or cartons of water, milk, juice, etc for their children will be permitted. Last year a number of incidents were reported by families where security emptied children’s drinks which they should not have. This was due to a miscommunication with security - this year we will ensure that they are briefed fully.(No Glass permitted)

There are free water points throughout the site. They will be positioned on the map prior to event.

No glass containers are permitted on site whatsoever but decanting services are available at the main entrance where 1 litre plastic bottles are available for €1. Sunday ticket holders are not permitted to bring alcohol into the festival site.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

Got an email yesterday from them:

Body&Soul 2013 Survey Feedback and 2014 Festival Evolution
    View this email in your browser

Firstly, we wish to sincerely thank you for completing our survey on the 2013 festival. Your opinions are invaluable to us in helping us evolve and create the best festival experience possible. 81% of you said your festival experience was ‘Excellent’, making us feel slightly fuzzy inside. However, keeping us grounded was your feedback on areas of room for improvement, which we have taken on board.

2014 is our fifth anniversary. We have sold out every year because every year we to seek to evolve and improve on the year before with your input. 2014 is no different. Rest assured we will be maintaining the intimacy but we will be investing to create an overall improved experience this year.

There will be music for adventurous ears and late night party spaces for energetic feet, and at the same time it will be a place where families feel safe and looked after and quiet souls can retreat to the Zen Gardens to unplug from the mains.

The programming will be diverse with niche music styles such as Funk, Rockabilly & Trad, and there will be more alternative, small and emerging bands re-injecting our commitment to showcasing fresh, new talent.

A revised site layout is being prioritised to create better flow and improve accessibility. Overall there will be a huge amount of attention going into making each of the distinct areas more integrated...creating a more holistic and cohesive experience.

The main stage area layout will be revised with traders and bars better positioned so they are more easily accessible, the Midnight Circus Arena will be more intimate and and the signature nooks and crannies synonymous with Body&Soul will be fleshed out with a spirit of inventiveness and innovation.

TICKET PRICING
    We took on board festival goers’ concerns regarding ticket prices and have not increased on last year's prices. In addition to this, we have introduced a 5 Price Tiering system this year making tickets more affordable the earlier they are purchased. To purchase your ticket, click here.

CAMPSITES

FAMILY CAMPSITE
    We have created a new dedicated and exclusive family campsite completely fenced off in a quiet location. It will have dedicated toilets, dedicated security and a Family HQ Info point. It will be in very close proximity to a water supply, hot showers and family friendly traders. The Family Car Park will also be just a very short distance away. In addition, we will be creating an indoor communal space which will be programmed with children’s entertainment in the mornings and evenings. There will also be a rentable trolley service operating from the car parks to family campsite. Check http://bodyandsoul.ie/soul-kids-3/ for further details. And remember to register your children on our website: http://bodyandsoul.ie/info/under-12-registration/

QUIET CAMPSITE
    The quiet campsite will be re-positioned this year to a spot which is more secluded.

US & YOU CAMPSITE
    Each year Body&Soul works to make the festival more environmentally sustainable. We were delighted to win the 'A Greener Festival Award' last year for our efforts and we want to take things further for 2014. As always, we need You to help Us achieve this. Our initiatives for this year include:

Helping you to camp greener by expanding the Us&You campsite to accommodate the ever increasing numbers of conscious campers. This is a dedicated campsite for those who want to camp in a clean, well serviced campsite, and can promise to be responsible festival citizens and take ALL of their camping gear home. Register here: http://bodyandsoul.ie/green-campsite-registration
    Making it easier for you to travel better by providing the combined festival and bus ticket at a special discounted price of €129.50, just as a little treat from Us to You!
    Providing even more recycling facilities and Earth Guardians on site to help you waste less and recycle more - if you want to get involved, sign up here: http://bodyandsoul.ie/
    earth-guardian-sign-up
    Check back on the sustainability section of our website for further initiatives.

CAMPERVANS
    This year, the campervan site will be located within the campsite grounds. It is a fenced off area with dedicated security and a section for family campervans.

For more information about our campsites, please check the FAQ section of our website.

ONSITE IMPROVEMENTS

TOILETS & SHOWERS
    There will be an increased number of toilets. Toilet blocks will be well fenced and well monitored throughout the weekend to ensure they are being serviced efficiently. There will be a dedicated hot shower block for all campers this year. There will be a minimal charge for this which will go towards ensuring they are well serviced, well run and well maintained over the course of the whole weekend.

ACCESS & SIGNAGE
    It seems as if quite a few people ended up taking the ‘scenic route’ inadvertently to the festival last year and for this we apologise. We will be increasing outer perimeter signage and there will be a dedicated Signage Team ensuring all signs are fixed correctly.

SECURITY
    We have listened to your views and reports on issues with security. This year we will be increasing the numbers of security and also be handpicking teams for different areas to ensure the right people are on the job both in the arena and outer perimeter to ensure safety of all our patrons. They will be fully briefed on all areas of the festival. In addition there will be a dedicated team of Zone Managers who will be our ‘eyes and ears’ on the ground across the festival and will keep in close contact with us.

DRINK POLICY

or

FREE-FLOW

CONCLUSION
    Like all good things in life, we are ever changing and ever evolving and, with your input, we will make Body&Soul 2014 our best festival yet. We’ve got a lot of surprises up our sleeve for this year and can’t wait to share them with you. To stay informed about all things around the festival, you can sign up to our newsletter through our website… http://bodyandsoul.ie.

We look forward to seeing you in Ballinlough!

Body&Soul
    A Festival Full of Surprises

Twitter
    Facebook
    www.bodyandsoul.ie

Copyright © 2014 Body & Soul Festival, All rights reserved.
    You are getting this email because you filled in our survey about your experience at the Body&Soul Festival 2013. We will use your email address for this occasion only. If you are interested in regular updates from our website, sign up to our newsletter in the bottom left corner of our homepage.
    Our mailing address is:
    Body & Soul Festival
    Fumbally Court
    Fumbally Lane
    Dublin, Dublin
    Ireland

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list

update subscription preferences

Subject to licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

This first entry only crap with the drink again, annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

nm wrote: »
    This first entry only crap with the drink again, annoying.

Its annoying, but easy to circumvent if your prepared.

The 'Free Flow' system of being allowed to bring drink into the main arena at any time is a good comprise. Just need to get a bottle of rum in with the slab on the first run!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, good if you can smuggle in more than your pre-allocated alcohol limit. otherwise, i'd expect to run out some time around Saturday evening and end up having to buy from the bars inside for the rest of the weekend, which is probably B&S's whole idea.

would love something like that at EP or other festivals without the daft limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Nialler9 just announced new additions:

Gary Numan
    The Field
    Of Montreal
    Paddy Keenan (Bothy Band) & Steve Cooney
    Ballet School
    Slow Magic

Nialler9 just announced new additions:

Gary Numan
    The Field
    Of Montreal
    Paddy Keenan (Bothy Band) & Steve Cooney
    Ballet School
    Slow Magic

Nice! Have never saw Gary Numan, I missed EP 2006 the last time he played a festival in Ireland I think, should be interesting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm surprised they didn't announce some of the additional DJs they have lined up

Like who?!

Rfrip wrote: »
    Like who?!

I suppose he means stuff like James Murphy, Michael Mayer, Fish Go Deep, Reid, Shane Mannion, George Fitzgerald, Iron Curtis etc. It will all come in time, still over two months to the festival but the line up is pretty good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I suppose he means stuff like James Murphy, Michael Mayer, Fish Go Deep, Reid, Shane Mannion, George Fitzgerald, Iron Curtis etc. It will all come in time, still over two months to the festival but the line up is pretty good so far.

Ah right thanks.....long time electric picnicer....first time body and souler!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

The Field and Of Montreal are both great additions - always a good sign when I'm more worried about who's going to clash than the quality of the line-up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Threw together a Spotify playlist for Body & Soul to get me in the mood...

http://open.spotify.com/user/117408002/playlist/2WUwMpHsf7YRZdcIGXvTdK

Advertisement