Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ooooh this is gorgeous

http://youtu.be/fT50k14Rc9A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Holy ****, Gary Numan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Threw together a Spotify playlist for Body & Soul to get me in the mood...

http://open.spotify.com/user/117408002/playlist/2WUwMpHsf7YRZdcIGXvTdK

Also a grooveshark one for you cheapskates ;)

http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Body+%20Soul%202014%20Ballinlough%20Castle%20Meath/96968206

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Paddy Keenan & the Bothy Band - The Blackbird set, you have got to go and see this uilleann piper at B&S, one of the best to come out of Ireland.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Nice! Have never saw Gary Numan, I missed EP 2006 the last time he played a festival in Ireland I think, should be interesting stuff.

That was (for me anyway) one the highlights of EP that year. Huge loud industrial wall of sound. Very much my kind of thing. Stunning show. His most recent album might well be his best of his industrial renaissance. Great addition to B&S 2014.

Also The Field.. really like his stuff and only have seen half a set live previously.

Thing about B&S 2014 now is that there is so much good music in the lineup there are bound to be some mega clashes!

... AND this free flow policy on the drink is fantastic news ...

Fair play to B&S this year ... they seem to be redeeming themselves :)

• Advertisement

Wouldn't it be perfect to get someone like Toots and the Maytals for Body & Soul, they could play the slot that the Congos played last year. They don't seem to have a touring schedule this year so far but I don't think they have played the Body&Soul festival before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

You're the guy from the 'Can't stand anything except Nile Rodgers / Chic' thread?

Mr. Congeniality 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

UsedToWait wrote: »
    You're the guy from the 'Can't stand anything except Nile Rodgers / Chic' thread?

Mr. Congeniality 2014.

What a pointless thread. Might have at least gotten a laugh out of it if he'd posted it in AH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 drawde55

Hi Guys, i can't do the Body and soul weekend this year (Grrrrrr) but i'm going to glastonbury the weekend after though so all is not lost! Greed has gotten the better of me and i'm looking into a sunday ticket if funds permit. Anyone got any ideas of the sunday line up?
    I had a quick look at tour dates and it looks like Darkside are playing friday night (playing Croatia Sunday), Mount Kimbie Saturday, Caribou Sunday, John Grant Saturday (Playing UK Sunday)

drawde55 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, i can't do the Body and soul weekend this year (Grrrrrr) but i'm going to glastonbury the weekend after though so all is not lost! Greed has gotten the better of me and i'm looking into a sunday ticket if funds permit. Anyone got any ideas of the sunday line up?
    I had a quick look at tour dates and it looks like Darkside are playing friday night (playing Croatia Sunday), Mount Kimbie Saturday, Caribou Sunday, John Grant Saturday (Playing UK Sunday)

Jon Hopkins is playing on Saturday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ciansheehy

Hi, do you guys think it will sell out this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

James Holden playing too:
    http://www.elasticartists.net/artist/james-holden/

EwqHriT.png

e: that was quick, removed now

F*CKING YES!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

ciansheehy wrote: »
    Hi, do you guys think it will sell out this year?

It sells out every year and this year the line up is particularly good........

Mount Kimbie, Jon Hopkins & John Grant all playing on Saturday??! Uh-Ohhh... ClashCity!!
    Looking forward to it, great wee festival and have been to 3/4 of them so far :-)

2 Major gripes of last year.
    - The drinks policy. I was stopped by security on Sunday morning with a sealed bottle of Ballygowan. Showed the security guards and they didn't care, was made drink it there or dump. Feckin ridiculous policy. They claimed it wasn't their rule but the organizers wishes. I only came down on the Sat evening but most of mates were giving out at the amount of tents that were robbed on the Friday night. People's entire drinks supply gone! Drinks policy encourages thieves to fleece tents.

- Main Stage. Needs improvement. Feels very cold than the previous years. Appreciate that it had to be moved to the adjoining field, but it needs to be lights, bars, etc... very dark at night-time I felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭RINO87

This makes me quite happy indeed!! He ripped the place to pieces in 2011. I remember the look of joy on everyones faces, and also everyone wondering who the hell he was!!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

kormak wrote: »
    Main Stage. Needs improvement. Feels very cold than the previous years. Appreciate that it had to be moved to the adjoining field, but it needs to be lights, bars, etc... very dark at night-time I felt.

Couldn't agree more. Layout has to be changed somehow to create more a sense of intimacy in that main stage area. Maybe fence off the stage area from the field where you enter the festival - last year it felt to me like the main stage was stranded in that big field. Not good for the vibe.

Was much better the year before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

The original Sugababes lineup have been announced.

The original Sugababes lineup have been announced.

Got a link dude?

Eroticplants must be pulling our leg, I don't see Sugababes at all on the line up poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

A friend of a friend of my father told me.

I'm a liar...or am I? I am.

Couldn't agree more. Layout has to be changed somehow to create more a sense of intimacy in that main stage area. Maybe fence off the stage area from the field where you enter the festival - last year it felt to me like the main stage was stranded in that big field. Not good for the vibe.

Glad it wasn't just me that felt that cold no vibey buzz at the Main Stage.
    Stage itself is quality but Main Stage area needs more Oooomph! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Just saw that the tour dates on Four Tet's website have a tantalising "TBA" space on 20 June.

What are the chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

yeah the year before you could just keep walking around in a circle and have easy access to everywhere. Last year you had to make the conscious effort to get to the main stage and it felt quite cut off from the rest of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Just saw that the tour dates on Four Tet's website have a tantalising "TBA" space on 20 June.

What are the chances?

Already playing Life Festival though in a few weeks though

Already playing Life Festival though in a few weeks though

so is DJ Koze, which is a real shame... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Go to Life then...?

Advertisement