Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

SamAK wrote: »
    Go to Life then...?

If only life were so simple (pardon the pun)

Life the festival doesn't seem (admittedly from the point of view of someone who's never been) to have the same level of hot tubs / arty bits / stuff for kids / non-music things to do that you get at Body and Soul or EP - hence a lot more difficult to get my better half to come along to. Add in a group of friends not that into electronic music (conversation would be more along the lines of recent sporting wonders or the joys of toilet training the younguns) and Life seems less appealing.

So we choose other festivals... And yet reserve the right to pretend we had a magic lamp to rub so we could wish three acts from other festivals into the body and soul line-up.

My three acts announced for other Irish festivals that I'd wish added would be .... (excluding electric picnic acts as I'll be at that)

DJ Koze
    Dixon
    Massive Attack

Who would you wish for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

If only life were so simple (pardon the pun)

Life the festival doesn't seem (admittedly from the point of view of someone who's never been) to have the same level of hot tubs / arty bits / stuff for kids / non-music things to do that you get at Body and Soul or EP - hence a lot more difficult to get my better half to come along to. Add in a group of friends not that into electronic music (conversation would be more along the lines of recent sporting wonders or the joys of toilet training the younguns) and Life seems less appealing.

I think you'd be right about Life ...(admittedly from the point of view of only being at Life once and never at B&S)...but it is pretty much just a big, well organised and fairly friendly rave. Not at all child friendly though. B&S is smaller and I imagine a rather different vibe and ethos.

Great line-up at Life this year though. I just hope that the cancellation of Oxegen and the extra 3000 tickets being sold doesn't change the demographic of the people attending.

Great line-up at Life this year though.

Definitely. Very jealous of those who are going and already thinking up strategies that involve me heading along next year if the line-up is close to being as good...

Can't complain about the Body and Soul line-up tho. And if rumours like James Holden are true it's going to get even better :)

Anyone heard anything re next announcement of acts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I think it's clear from many of the artists sites etc whose is playing, hardly the best kept secret in the world.

I'd also be interested in hearing any rumours about the next announcement.

It might be more useful if you just shared this not-so best kept secret in the world.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

That's great.
    So who is playing?

Slow Magic just confirmed himself for B&S - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=757744594258899&set=pcb.757744810925544&type=1&theater

Wish I was going now!

• Advertisement

Slow Magic just confirmed himself for B&S - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=757744594258899&set=pcb.757744810925544&type=1&theater

Wish I was going now!
    he was officially confirmed by B&S already :)

didn't think so :rolleyes:

he was officially confirmed by B&S already :)

Oh...ok! I'm not going myself so haven't been keeping tabs on the lineup....just saw it on his FB page just now!

Few bands on the current line-up are playing Camden Crawl in London. That has me dreaming about some of the following showing up in Ballinlough....

Shabazz Palaces
    Livity Sound
    Johnny Foreigner

I reckon not much chance of any of them - but I can dream....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roudolph

So when do people think we can expect the next announcement? Just over four weeks until we're down there so must be soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

What's booze is for sale over the wkend?is it same as EP?tiger beers?heniken etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Rfrip wrote: »
    What's booze is for sale over the wkend?is it same as EP?tiger beers?heniken etc?
    Not sure about this year, but last year it was all Bulmers and Becks. Bulmers are a sponsor again so I'd bet it'll be the same this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Roudolph wrote: »
    So when do people think we can expect the next announcement? Just over four weeks until we're down there so must be soon.

This week according to their reply to me on Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Any word on that Meteor/O2/(some phone network) tent from last year? It had free mobile charging, free massages and most importantly free face painting.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

you would imagine today seen as it's ONE MONTH TO GO!!! woooOOOP! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

they may have been talking about this

http://bodyandsoul.ie/happening/music-in-the-good-times-lounge/

Good Times Lounge:

Jerry Fish
    Prison Love
    Traditional Arts Collective
    Inishowen Gospel Choir
    Mikey and The Scallywags
    Larry Beau and The Vagabonds
    My Fellow Sponges
    Gypsy Rebel Rabble
    Portherhead
    The Latchikos
    Pia Dunne
    Betty Swing Machine
    Attention Bébé
    The Amazing Few

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roudolph

Aphex Twin playing Glastonbury a week later. Would there be a possibility of a Body and Soul gig the week before?

http://nialler9.com/bodysoul-add-shabazz-palaces-james-holden-max-romeo-lasertom-and-more/
    Body&Soul today added some names to their lineup for Ballinlough Castle in Co.Westmeath for 21 to 22 June.

The new names are:

Max Romeo – Jamaican singer.
    James Holden – UK experimental techno producer
    Tom Vek – His time has gone – new album out now sounds out of step
    Shabazz Palaces – experimental poetic avant hip-hop
    TOKiMONSTA – American electronic producer. Also a woman, not that it matters.
    Alle Farben – Berlin DJ/producer
    Hermigivill – From Iceland, that’s all you need to know.
    September Girls – shoegazy garage rock
    Lasertom – Dublin space disco
    Booka Brass Band – New Orleans brass / Dublin-style
    Interskalactic – SKA covers of popular songs
    Prison Love – Bluegrass/country band
    Jerry Fish – he’s on every Irish festival bill
    Ryan Vail – ambient electronic Derry duo
    Colm Mac An Iomaire – Frames’ fiddler playing his elegaic soundtrack-style instrumentals
    The Irish National Clown Orchestra – No words

Nialler doesn't seem to impressed.
    Gob****e.

Few bands on the current line-up are playing Camden Crawl in London. That has me dreaming about some of the following showing up in Ballinlough....

Shabazz Palaces
    Livity Sound
    Johnny Foreigner

I reckon not much chance of any of them - but I can dream....

Shabazz Palaces announced today - at least I got one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Nialler doesn't seem to impressed.
    Gob****e.

Rather than just spout abuse about him, why not state why he's wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Finkployd

Nialler is saying Lasertom are on the bill, I'd love if that were the case but can't find any other confirmation????

Because I said so and also, that's the why.

I dunno he was just a bit blahzay about it.
    Nevermind me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Nialler is a hipster goon though. He loves to lay into the bigger acts to raise his profile, then promote smaller ones to sound cool. And he's never heard an Irish artist he didn't like. Even ****e like Daithi.

Advertisement