Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally getting the recognition it deserves..

Options
  • 19-11-2013 1:19pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Finally getting the recognition it deserves and now protected by the EU :D

The faithful Blaa

Linky
    Waterford's blaa bread rolls have been granted European Union protection.
    The soft white bread rolls, whose traditional baking dates back to the arrival of French Huguenots in the late 17th century, have been granted protection under the EU's protected designation of origin.
    This will prevent bread makers from elsewhere designating their products as blaas.
    It will join a number of other unique Irish products which have already been granted the designation such as Connemara Hill lamb, Timoleague brown pudding, Imokilly Regato cheese and Clare Island salmon.
    The blaa was one of five new quality farm products added to the register of protected designations of origin (PDOs) and protected geographical indications.
    The others were for a French goat’s cheese Rigotte de Condrieu (PDO); Italian cheeses Puzzone di Moena/Spretz Tzaorì (PDO) and Pecorino di Picinisco (PDO) and for a Slovenian soft cheese Mohant (PDO).
    The denominations will be added to the list of around 1,200 products already protected.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Excellent News! With this news the Deise can now licence the Blaa around the world and with some careful product placement (007 has a Blaa for breakfast, Cameron Diaz rolls round in a roomful of Blaas at the behest of Javier Bardem becoming covered in flour) the funds for independence can be raised.

The Blaa Republic

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

fair played to it.. it deserves it..
    Personally i dont like them, i had one years ago.. now im celiac, so nothing can change.
    But i see loads of the lads mad about them, so yeah, credit where credit is due :)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Home at the weekend and plan on buying a load of Blaa's to bring back up to Dublin to show everyone in the office how good Blaa's are.

Love the Blaa's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Where are crusty blaas gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

There's a gang going to every bakery at 7 am Dicky buying them up driving KK registered Transits ! I'd swear its a conspiracy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I heard Ciara Conway (on Enda and Eamonn's instructions) is paying African drivers to store them in wooden huts supplied by a Dublin company over in Ferrybank Shopping Centre which is now owned by the Tweedy Group, but only until the rent goes up massively, and then they're going to use all the crusty blaas to create more islands in the middle of the Quays.

Am I doing it right?

:D:D:D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

wellboytoo wrote: »
    There's a gang going to every bakery at 7 am Dicky buying them up driving KK registered Transits ! I'd swear its a conspiracy.

Is this the same gang that organised David Gray concerts in Wexford, Kilkenny and Tip, but not Waterford?

Is it also the same gang that edited Waterford out of this:

Tiger Tiger

Advertisement