Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5mb jump with fibre??Very disappointed eircom.

Options
  • 19-11-2013 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi.Im living in Kildare town about 1.5km from the exchange and decided to call eircom regarding fibre as my friends mentioned its up and running.Im getting a solid 10mb speed at the mo with no drop in speeds anytime.When I rang eircom about the fibre upgrade I was told my line can handle 15mb?Whats all the fuss about for an extra 5mb?Thats up to 15 so basically ill propably jump 3 mb.Not worth the extra 18 month contract I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 berminghamdl

Where about in the town are you, I also live in kildare town but have been told it won't be connected till middle of December at the earliest!
    Won't be signing up for 18month contact if that is all the difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭giggsy07

Where about in the town are you, I also live in kildare town but have been told it won't be connected till middle of December at the earliest!
    Won't be signing up for 18month contact if that is all the difference

Dunmurray Road across from the graveyard.Absolute joke they kept the 18month quiet and for a 5mb jump?Nah ill keep my options open.Are UPC entering the market here in the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 berminghamdl

I haven't heard about UPC going to the town, would be great if they did. I'd get tv and broadband off them straight away.  I'm on green road and they installed the new green box a few months ago but haven't been seen since! Joke

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Commander Shepard

you need a fibre port installed in your house to get fibre broadband at least thats what i think can anyone confirm this

you need a fibre port installed in your house to get fibre broadband at least thats what i think can anyone confirm this

Yes install is free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

giggsy07 wrote: »

Yes install is free.

Hi giggsy07

Sorry to hear of this, I'm sure being told this bad news without a reason why can be fairly disappointing, the only reason why the line cannot hold faster speeds would be it's distance from the enabled cabinet but feel free to PM me your landline number and I'll double check this for you?

Thanks

Al

Hi giggsy07

Sorry to hear of this, I'm sure being told this bad news without a reason why can be fairly disappointing, the only reason why the line cannot hold faster speeds would be it's distance from the enabled cabinet but feel free to PM me your landline number and I'll double check this for you?

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan.There is a cabinet about half a mile up the road from me unless its not enabled yet?Ill pm my number thanks.

Hi giggsy07

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan.There is a cabinet about half a mile up the road from me unless its not enabled yet?Ill pm my number thanks.
    HI giggsy07

I replied to your PM, sorry I could not offer better news on this.

Thanks

Al

HI giggsy07

Thanks

Al
    So what is the cabinet up the road from me for Alan?Its on dunmurray
    Road Kildare town?Small green unmistakeable.5 mins from myself.

HI giggsy07

Thanks

Al
    So what is the cabinet up the road from me for Alan?Its on dunmurray
    Road Kildare town?Small green unmistakeable.5 mins from myself.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi giggsy07

This cabinet is for other lines such as Dunmurray court, place rise and view. It does not serve lines to Oaklands I'm afraid. It's impossible to change cabinets I'm afraid.

Al[/font]

• Advertisement

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi giggsy07

This cabinet is for other lines such as Dunmurray court, place rise and view. It does not serve lines to Oaklands I'm afraid. It's impossible to change cabinets I'm afraid.

Al[/font]
    Thanks Alan I stay as is so and wait on the arrival of upc:)

Hi giggsy07

Al
    Thanks Alan I stay as is so and wait on the arrival of upc:)

No worries giggsy07

Sorry I couldn’t offer better news

Thanks

Al

No worries giggsy07

Sorry I couldn’t offer better news

Thanks

Al
    Cheers Al..

Advertisement