Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens to holidays when a company goes into receivership

Options
  • 19-11-2013 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

The company I work for has gone into recievership but is been ran as normal by the recievers

I am due 7 days holidays and was due to take them in 2 weeks

I'm hearing some rumblings that the reciever won't be honouring holidays

Am I right in thinking that they have to honor them

I am full time and have been for 8 years

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Depends on the receivership and the legal review of the debentures. That's no good to you I know, but broadly to give you an answer, your holiday pay is a preferential payment, up to a limit.

In other words, you'll be paid for it, rather than being able to take it.

Your best bet is to press the receivers office for an answer, and then assess that reply. Do it formally, by snail mail. Then call to see did they get it. Then call again for an answer.

The receiver is led by the their client, the bank, but you are a creditor also, so get in there. It would be unwise of the receiver not to treat you well.

Advertisement