Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horses coming into the estate

Options
  • 19-11-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I bought a house in an estate just outside Newbridge recently and have notice a few times now that two horses appear seemingly out of nowhere and walk around on the green (there is lots of space)

There is a lane across the road that I thought was where they were coming from but went across there this morning (they were out this morning again) and couldn't see any obvious open gates\broken fences that is the source of the problem. If they were coming from that lane they would have to cross a busy road so there is a danger to the horses and on-coming cars too.

My wife said that maybe these are traveller's horses (they don't exactly look like thourghbreds to be honest) and that they are brought in at night, let out to graze and then collected during the day when most people are gone to work.

Is there any agency\number I can call if this happens again? Or any suggestions on how people addressed other similar problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I suppose you could ring the guards. I'm sure they get calls about this sort of thing now and again. The number for newbridge is 045-431212.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

ISPCA would be a better bet

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Or the council- they use the ISPCA to deal with control of horses issues. 045 980200. It is illegal to have horses not under control in a public place that. The horses will be impounded until the owner claims them. The owner has to pay the costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Is the estate taken in charge by KCC? if so they should be able to deal with the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Thanks all! If I see them again I'll call the ISPCA

• Advertisement
Advertisement