Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simple Music App for tablet?

• 19-11-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm trying to get a simple enough to use music app for my mother's tablet. The old Google Play app was bearable but since it updated, it's a bit too complicated. Winamp is ok but it's not really tablet friendly.

This is for use with MP3's, no need for online services, artist information or anything else that will confuse matters. Just something where when you open it you see preferably folder values or organised by artists and when you click into the artist you see their albums. Preferably without a disappearing progress bar and play/stop buttons etc.

Most of the apps out there seem to be for the likes of spotify and that? I've tried poweramp but it's a bit too complex (and not free). I want it just to recognise certain directories too so won't be showing up all the media files.

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

havent tried this but i plan to and ill let you know
    Shuttle Music Player
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=another.music.player&hl=en

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I use Shuttle all the time and it's fairly foolproof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ah that looks the works from just the screenshots alone. Will download it for her later and have a go, thanks a lot :)

Thanks folks, installed it and it's perfect for her. Much easier than all the other ones.

One strange thing, and it's not just with this app as I remembered it was an issue on her tablet before. A lot of the songs appear in the track listing of albums maybe 4/5 times, so in an album with 10 songs, you could have 50 listings, 5 of each song :confused: This is the case with several, if not all albums I looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 timusus

Signed up for this post.

If you've got multiple songs/albums etc showing up, it's probably because the media library needs a rebuild. Go to settings -> apps -> all -> media store and click clear data/cache. Reset the device, and the library will rebuild.. Hopefully without the repeated tracks.

- Your friendly local Shuttle music player developer.

• Advertisement

Wow, thanks a lot for that :) will try it next time I'm there!

That has worked, all good now, thanks a lot :)

Advertisement