Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

direct x error get device removed

Options
  • 19-11-2013 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

This is only in battlefield every other game works A1 on my rig and I think dice is just ignoring it I get it every half an hour or so does anyone have any solutions or work arounds I cant seam to find any sense of it by googling it extensively :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

fergus1001 wrote: »
    This is only in battlefield every other game works A1 on my rig and I think dice is just ignoring it I get it every half an hour or so does anyone have any solutions or work arounds I cant seam to find any sense of it by googling it extensively :/

Update your graphics drivers to the latest beta for your platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Im starting to think its a power supply problem is what's causing that error I have a 500 watt Ps running a 6850 and a core 2 quad which is overclocked

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So the current is insufficient, there's a drop and the GPU reboots itself and the PC things the device was removed. It would explain the symptoms alright, and 500W was cutting it close as it was.

used an online calculator and it says 446 watts is recommended for this setup at 100% Utilisation so now I'm not sure ill open up the case and see if I have everything connected correctly

That includes the extra wattage for the overclocked CPU (2.4-3.0)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

PSUs aren't 100% efficient, they're usually about 80 to 85% efficient on the first day of use. And PSUs can lose efficiency slowly over time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

well im running a i5 4670k oced to 4ghz 16gb ram 7970 an ssd and mechanical hdd on 550w.....

admittedly if its a cheap psu id look to that but tbh it seams ok to me. but psu are finicky things. can get unlucky with bad inefficiencies etc

its gonna be either the psu or the gfx card itself i would imagine though.

My psu is actually a 550 watt corsair about 3 years or less old my gpu is about the same ill have to put up with it for the time being as I dont have the money for a substantial upgrade on a gpu (I will build a fresh system next summer)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Im starting to think its a power supply problem is what's causing that error I have a 500 watt Ps running a 6850 and a core 2 quad which is overclocked

650 watt with dual X5650 Xeons, 8 sticks of ram, four hard drives and a 7870. I doubt its the power supply.

yeah I think its just battlefield I done a clean boot (no backround shiiiiit) and played bf4 and yep get the same error but its totally random so I think it has to do with something fishy happening in the game that we don't see or what ever its not even when there is loads of nade spam going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was getting the same directx error and sometimes NVidia driver error as well. The only thing I've changed so far was lowering my ram speed to 1333mhz, not sure what's going on (ram is rated at 1600) but I just played 6 straight games without a crash, usually it was every 25 minutes or so...only with bf4 though. Nothing else.

• Advertisement

ok i had afterburner running beside bf4 and gpu usage goes through the roof then it crashes totaly random

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I get some weired DX error unless I turn off xfire. Mad you think they would fix that.....

Advertisement