Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdraft Facility

Options
  • 19-11-2013 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've had an over draft facility from my student account days. I no longer need it as I never dip in to the red any more thankfully.

Can I cancel this via the banking online (I couldn't see any option) or do I need to drop in to the branch.

I would just leave it but saw there I've bit hit with an over draft fee which since its I no longer use it is wake up call to cancel it.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi highgiant1985,

Thanks for your post.

To have an Overdraft facility removed from your account, you can call into any nearby branch with photo identification or put your request in writing to your account holding branch.

Please see here for our branch locator should you require it.

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

I got hit with this sneaky e30 charge too.

Bank of Ireland seems to be charging people for Overdrafts that were agreed back in peoples student days. Obviously many people have forgotten about their overdraft facility.

I am currently in the middle of a mortgage application with Bank of Ireland and if this is the way they are going to play, I have decided that I am not going to go through with the mortgage application any more. I am going to go with KBC. Tough luck Bank of Ireland, you have lost out on a lot more than e30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi lima,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear we may be losing your business.

The Overdraft Facility charge is advised when a customer is applying for an overdraft on their account. 

If you had a Student account when you applied for this, you should have received a letter when the account was due to be amended to a Personal Current Account. A copy of the Schedule of Fees and Charges brochure, which advises of the appropriate fees, should also have been issued to you with the letter.

If you did not receive a letter advising of the above, please contact your branch who will be more than happy to investigate this. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement