Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newsworthy Events in Limerick in the next 2 weeks?

• 19-11-2013 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi guys unt gals,

Been looking around for events to go to that would be considered "newsworthy" for a college project and can't find anything. Not on the council twitter page or website, not on the hunt museum page, not on the lime tree page.

I'm at a loss. Is there anywhere I can check out if there are meetings coming up open to the public and the likes where I could head in?

It'll be an audio project so preferably I'll have to go along to an event and get people's opinion. I was going to go to a stand up comedy night, but doubt that's what I'll be asked to cover, and it's not really newsworthy...

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They're turning on the Christmas lights in town on Saturday, if that counts as newsworthy.
    Munster Club Senior Hurling final is in Ennis, but featuring a Limerick team (Na Piarsaigh).

Might not be what you're looking for, but they'll be all over the local news anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Yep, the one weekend I'm over in England.

I should have been clearer. I have to do an audio project, so will have to get some quick soundbites off people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Isn't there always that bike convoy through town around the beginning of December? They usually park up on Bedford Row for an hour or so before moving off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

ah, I have 2 weeks to do it, so will check it out. Any links to that?

Advertisement