Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog transportation in Ireland

• 19-11-2013 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

Are there any companies that will ship/transport a pup within Ireland?

I'm trying to take a puppy from a man in Waterford, his wife wants it put into the pound, but he's trying to hold out for me. :)

The pup will not have had any vaccinations yet I think.

(Im in Dublin by the way)

Don't want to have to spend a huge amount, but don't want to see the wee thing end up in the pound either. Would run the risk of ending up as a 'christmas' puppy there, where as I am offering a secure family home.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Can you not get a lift off someone? Why does the pup not have any vaccinations? How old is it? Sounds very dodgy to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Fast track by train.

I have seen pups arrive at heuston station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Try a charity maybe on facebook. sometimes they can help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I don't know anything about these people, how reputable they are, but this came up on a FB search https://www.facebook.com/pages/Delta-Canine-Transport/192169227625316

Ring your local greyhound track. They would know of transporters who ship greyhounds around the country. You might find some in the Business Classifieds on this website. I know there are transporters calling to Thurles track this week. They should be able to help you. I don't think I can put their number up here, so just Google IGB.ie
    http://www.greyhound-data.com/view_business_ads.htm?land=ie&filter=all&id=&x=2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

andreac wrote: »
    Can you not get a lift off someone? Why does the pup not have any vaccinations? How old is it? Sounds very dodgy to me...

As it turns out I may have a lift organised, was just checking out other options just in case.

Nothing dodgy about it, and I don't know why you would think so? Typical unwanted litter of pups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Its dodgy because the pup has not had any vaccinations yet and the owner is trying to put it in the pound, thats all.

Hope you get sorted.

I wouldn't have said dodgy as such, more irresponsible of him to allow bitch to breed if he's not willing or able to take on proper care and homing of pups. Dodgy to me implies underhanded dealings or illegal
    I think I'm sorted now anyway, looks like we'll have a new addition soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If it was me I'd be trying to get the pup vaccinated asap - even if you have to send the money down to the guy.

tk123 wrote: »
    If it was me I'd be trying to get the pup vaccinated asap - even if you have to send the money down to the guy.

Pup will be with me within the next couple of days and will be vaccinated and chipped immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Try pettransport.ie, haven't used them myself but have heard good things.

Advertisement