Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re accessing money from savings account

Options
  • 19-11-2013 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have a current account which I use online banking. I've also got a sum of money in an access plus (savings account). My 12 month term with my savings account ended months ago and bank of Ireland called me and advised me that I should come in and have a chat about what to do with the money for this year but I was just mad busy to be honest and still haven't been in to them. So basically it's just sitting there not earning any real interest which I know isn't very smart.

I plan to go in in January and look at my options but for the moment I really just don't have the time to meet with an advisor and give it any real time. I also need to be able to access these funds over the next few weeks coming up to Christmas anyway.

I don't have any ATM card for this account so I'll have to go into my local branch to withdraw money but I'm wondering
    1. Will I have to give them any notice since technically it's a savings account or is it okay since I'm out of my 12 month term contract? It's only a few hundred euro that I need access to.

2. Is it possible to get this account linked up to my internet banking so I can transfer money between both my accounts?

The way I work just makes it so difficult for me to get into the bank when it's open so that's probably the main reason the money in my savings account has lasted this long but I'm definitely going to need to make a small withdrawal this Christmas!

Thanks!

Advertisement