If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar recommendation

Options
  • 19-11-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Can you advise me on a sound solution to spruce up the sound coming out of my Samsung 40F7000?
    I play a lot of media with Dolby 5.1/DTS sound tracks, but don't have the room for a big installation. So the solution needs to be compact. Any decent soundbars you could recommend?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Brandaan wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Can you advise me on a sound solution to spruce up the sound coming out of my Samsung 40F7000?
    I play a lot of media with Dolby 5.1/DTS sound tracks, but don't have the room for a big installation. So the solution needs to be compact. Any decent soundbars you could recommend?
    Thanks.
    oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss..

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi there,
    Thanks.
    Hi Brandaan.

Thanks for the post.

There are so many options for soundbars out there.

The following are the ones I would have a look at as after hearing them they really do sound the part.

LG NB4530 priced at £279.95 (5 star review in What HiFi).
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/lg/nb4530/lg-nb4530

Yamaha YHTS401 priced at £329.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/yamaha/yhts401/yama-yhts401

Yamaha YSP2200 priced at £599.95 (5 star review What Hifi).
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/yamaha/ysp2200/yama-ysp2200-blk

Now for the big guns!

Monitor Audio ASB-2 soundbar priced at £999.95 (Another 5 star review What HiFi). Mind blowing sound from a soundbar!! A subwoofer can also be attached to this for extra Bass!
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1423&Results=true&keys=monitor%20audio

Yamaha YSP3300 priced at £999.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/yamaha/ysp3300/yama-ysp3300

Let me know if any of these catch your eye.

Any further questions please let me know.

Hi there,
    Thanks.
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/monitor-audio-asb-2

The Monitor audio ASB-2, its Monitor Audio's first soundbar and its pretty amazing - it's just won the best soundbar over £800 in the latest What Hi-Fi Awards, but if you dont have the space for multiple speakers you really can't find better - its a pretty clever unit as well with Airplay and DLNA - it retails at £999.95, but if you are interested I can PM you a special Boardie launch price..

Keeep us posted, or if I've got the budget completely wrong come back to us with an approx range and we will sharpen the pencils again,

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brandaan

Hi there,
    Thanks.

The Monitor audio ASB-2, its Monitor Audio's first soundbar and its pretty amazing - it's just won the best soundbar over £800 in the latest What Hi-Fi Awards, but if you dont have the space for multiple speakers you really can't find better - its a pretty clever unit as well with Airplay and DLNA - it retails at £999.95, but if you are interested I can PM you a special Boardie launch price..

Keeep us posted, or if I've got the budget completely wrong come back to us with an approx range and we will sharpen the pencils again,

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew 
    Hi there,
    Thanks for your response - my budget is in the lower end and the LG certainly has peaked my interest. Any other competitors in that range?
    It seems compact enough and has a wireless woofer - will it look ok under a 40" screen? My panel sits on a TV unit so bar would sit just in front.
    What is your euro delivered price to Dublin please?
    Also, would this item be discounted in January?
    Thanks!

Hi there,
    Thanks.

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew 
    Hi there,
    Thanks for your response - my budget is in the lower end and the LG certainly has peaked my interest. Any other competitors in that range?
    It seems compact enough and has a wireless woofer - will it look ok under a 40" screen? My panel sits on a TV unit so bar would sit just in front.
    Thanks!
    Brandaan,

thanks for the response and yes the LG 4530 will look fine with a 40" - especially if it is sitting in front of it as its especially slimline

I honestly dont know if it will be reduced in January, however even if it is, there is very little room for movement as its a really tight margin product. 

The Euro price including delivery is €357.99 and we have fresh stocks arriving on Friday.. so if you would like to grab one - just give us a shout or drop us a line with your contact number and we will arrange the delivery straight to your door.

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brandaan

Hi there,
    Thanks.

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew 
    Hi there,
    Thanks!
    Brandaan,

thanks for the response and yes the LG 4530 will look fine with a 40" - especially if it is sitting in front of it as its especially slimline

I honestly dont know if it will be reduced in January, however even if it is, there is very little room for movement as its a really tight margin product. 

The Euro price including delivery is €357.99 and we have fresh stocks arriving on Friday.. so if you would like to grab one - just give us a shout or drop us a line with your contact number and we will arrange the delivery straight to your door.

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John, would you do it for the sterling price delivered? I can probably get a better rate off my card provider.

Hi there,
    Thanks.

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew 
    Hi there,
    Thanks!
    Brandaan,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John, would you do it for the sterling price delivered? I can probably get a better rate off my card provider.
    Hi again and yes your CC provider may offer you a better rate ( we're better at selling hifi than currency!)

sterling price delivered is £292.90

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.