Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Rooms

Options
  • 19-11-2013 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

Anyone hitting this to check out the PS4? Seems like it would be a bit of craic, but the link seems a little shallow on information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

im heading in tomorrow. only got yo play fifa on ps4 so far so playing more should be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

MarkY91 wrote: »
    im heading in tomorrow. only got yo play fifa on ps4 so far so playing more should be cool

Got a quick go of Fifa myself on it today in a local Gamestop. I'm not a Fifa fan though, so it was wasted on me. keep us posted on how the Rooms goes. I'm quite tempted to check it out on my way through Dublin at the weekend.

deathrider wrote: »
    Got a quick go of Fifa myself on it today in a local Gamestop. I'm not a Fifa fan though, so it was wasted on me. keep us posted on how the Rooms goes. I'm quite tempted to check it out on my way through Dublin at the weekend.

i buy fifa every year and im impressed with it. the graphics have improved a good deal. wont be until fifa15 where we really see the benefits "next gen" though.

ill leave a little comment tomorrow on how i get on :D

Dead on, man. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I'm heading in on saturday before I go to see The Day Of The Doctor :D

• Advertisement

Is it just a walk-in deal? I was at the Xbox tour last week and that needed to be booked in advance.

Is it just a walk-in deal? I was at the Xbox tour last week and that needed to be booked in advance.

The PS4 rooms are just walk in and play!

Grand job. That should make it handy with travelling cross country if I could just drop in any old time.

Opening times from their FB are 12-6pm Mon, Tues, Wed, 12-9pm on Thurs & Fri, 12-7pm Sat and 2-6pm Sun.

They can change too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Heading in on Saturday to check it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Giving it a miss as i want my first touch of a PS4 controller to be the one i own.

That and i'm working flat out til my PS4 holidays on the 28th!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Klair88 wrote: »
    Giving it a miss as i want my first touch of a PS4 controller to be the one i own.

That and i'm working flat out til my PS4 holidays on the 28th!

Im the opposite. coming ftom an XBOX 360, the controller is my biggest apprehension about the PS4 .. So I want to get my mits on it ASAP to hopefully be reasurred that I've made the right decision and it isn't a laughable peice of light plastic rubbish like the DS3

i was there today. found it really hard to get a shot of a ps4 at it as groups of fellas kept coming in and taking over the place.

the tvs were kinda **** and didnt do the ps4 any justice. im loving the controller. cannot wait until the 29th now

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i was there today. found it really hard to get a shot of a ps4 at it as groups of fellas kept coming in and taking over the place.

the tvs were kinda **** and didnt do the ps4 any justice. im loving the controller. cannot wait until the 29th now

Was there no kinda system to move folks along? Did it cost anything to get in?

Last time they had the PS3 rooms in that place there was no sort of "move on" thing, I doubt there is one for the PS4.

It's free in.

Was there no kinda system to move folks along? Did it cost anything to get in?

nope. just crowds standing watching someone play..the person stops playing and gives controller to his friend...well one of 5 of his friends :L

free in yes. a security stands at the door but you just stroll past. the staff seemed like nice and were dancing on the just dance game :D

its kinda luck on wether or not youll get a game. the biggest crowd of people were hanging around cod ghosts...wouldnt get a shot of it if you stood there all day tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I was going to take a look but only have to wait for a week and a half.

Hmmmmm, I reckon I'll risk it. Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to get a game in before I get too bored.

Just out of there now, i decided to pop in after work as i work close by.

Wasn't busy at all, could easily get access to most consoles.

Main reason for going was to suss out the new controller. It is a HUGE improvement over the cheap piece of plastic crap that was the DS3, however, coming from an xbox 360 I still found the left analogue stick to be in the wrong position. I reckon the Xbox One will have the superior controller but still the DS4 isn't bad at all!

As regards graphics, they were nice but not mind-blowing like the transition from PS1 to PS2, but they'll only get better i suppose!

Another thing that struck me was the light bar running across the console was white not blue!!

I played COD and Driveclub, the people I was watching play before me were ridiculously crap!!... Id say randomers that just walked in off the street as opposed to people with a genuine interest.

Speaking of which, you'd be doing well to beat my time on Driveclub at 1:17:369 :p

ION08 wrote: »
    Just out of there now, i decided to pop in after work as i work close by.

Wasn't busy at all, could easily get access to most consoles.

Main reason for going was to suss out the new controller. It is a HUGE improvement over the cheap piece of plastic crap that was the DS3, however, coming from an xbox 360 I still found the left analogue stick to be in the wrong position. I reckon the Xbox One will have the superior controller but still the DS4 isn't bad at all!

As regards graphics, they were nice but not mind-blowing like the transition from PS1 to PS2, but they'll only get better i suppose!

Another thing that struck me was the light bar running across the console was white not blue!!

I played COD and Driveclub, the people I was watching play before me were ridiculously crap!!... Id say randomers that just walked in off the street as opposed to people with a genuine interest.

Speaking of which, you'd be doing well to beat my time on Driveclub at 1:17:369 :p

of course someone playing xbox for years will feel like the stick is in the wrong spot. i felt like the xbox 1 stick was in the wrong spot when i played it last week too :P

but i honestly believe that a person new to gaming would prefare the ps4 controller. it just slips perfectly into my hands and is a delight to hold :D

i couldnt get on cod or driveclub. got to have a little go of knack while there as it was jam packed with people who i suspect were on break from college

• Advertisement

Heading up to this today. Is it in the Stephen's Green Shopping Center?

Heading up to this today. Is it in the Stephen's Green Shopping Center?

No, Its near the corner of Dawson Street (look for 'il posto' restaurant)

ION08 wrote: »
    No, Its near the corner of Dawson Street (look for 'il posto' restaurant)

Dead on. Thanks, man.

Had a good time at this yesterday. I thought Contrast was the most fun game there. It was really good. Assassin's Creed seemed good, but it was in the middle of a game so I had no idea what was going on. I loved Resogun (I think that was the name). CoD and Killzone aren't really my kinda thing, but damn are they pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

PS4 Rooms at Brown Thomas Mens-store CORK CITY until 6pm today and 12-6pm on Sunday

Advertisement