Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accused of not paying fee's by Management Agent

Options
  • 19-11-2013 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Maybe one of can help me. Got a letter from the management company ( a pretty firey one at that) addressed to me stating that I havent been paying my fee's and that Im going to be facing legal action and costs etc...

The letter is fairly detailed but contains totally factually inaccurate information.

The thing is I have paid my fee's ( and even tripled checked it) and they are all up to date.

Do I have any comeback for have such letters sent to me or is it just tough luck?

Thanks in advance

- Techfreak

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

If you have proof of payment, you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Provide them with copies of the payment receipts or transactions.

It's possible that they have sent the letter to the wrong person, or that maybe you have been paying to the wrong bank account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

TechFreak wrote: »
    Do I have any comeback for have such letters sent to me or is it just tough luck?

Are you looking for compensation????? :confused:

Personally I'd be glad that my management agent was aggressively chasing outstanding fees, but would press the directors of the management company for accurate accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Get it sorted with a phone call. Before you find your car clamped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

athtrasna wrote: »
    Are you looking for compensation????? :confused:

Personally I'd be glad that my management agent was aggressively chasing outstanding fees, but would press the directors of the management company for accurate accounts.

Compensation would be easily obtained if the information was released to a third party.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Bepolite wrote: »
    Compensation would be easily obtained if the information was released to a third party.

Classic case of shooting oneself in the foot! Cost would be passed to management company who would recoup it by increasing management fees. Grin and bear it OP, bring it up at the next AGM maybe but anything more serious will cost you in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

athtrasna wrote: »
    Classic case of shooting oneself in the foot! Cost would be passed to management company who would recoup it by increasing management fees. Grin and bear it OP, bring it up at the next AGM maybe but anything more serious will cost you in the long run.

Of course they would, which is exactly why the OP should deal with this immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

Thanks for the advice guys.

Whilst I love to sue them I would just be shooting myself in the foot as Id be paying for it long term with higher fee's ( as would the rest of the community which is pretty scabby).

I'll think I'll just get on the phone a rip them a new one. Its good to vent like that to them ....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

You have done your venting here. No need to roast some unfortunate clerical worker who probably mouse-clicked your name by accident and had the letter sent to you in error.

You might need the assistance of the management company in some matter in the future, and it will stand to you if you were pleasant in how you dealt with their mistake.

Advertisement