Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monitoring Wavin UFH

• 19-11-2013 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

We got under floor heating in recently and I'm starting to look at options for monitoring things. I'm somewhat late to the party as it's already installed and running, so changing devices like thermostats is not likely to be a runner in the short term.

We have Wavin Thermoboard (which looks like it has now been replaced by a new product, just my luck).

The thermostats we have are 52UH773s which are all wired back to the control panel on a single bus wire.

Does anyone know if there's a guide or protocol available for working out what the signalling is on that bus?

It's not an urgent need, but it would help to keep track of what's happening during the day if I could tell when the heat was called for, etc . . . Even better if I could track the individual temperatures in the rooms, but since the control panel doesn't really care what temperature it is (just that heat is/isn't called for) then this may not be possible.

Does anyone have experience with this stuff? Or alternatively, do you have experience with remote monitoring of equivalent controllers?

z

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭ptogher14

I just installed the same system for a family member myself. There is a central control available. I'm not sure what it keeps track of though.

I installed an hour counter on the burner so I can keep track of how many hours it's on. And try figure out what's the most efficient way to run it

Advertisement