Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Christmas Lights

Options
  • 19-11-2013 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Was just thinking while in town today. What happens the old christmas lights?

Does the council sell them on or pop them into storage or throw them out?

One little bug I have with town at christmas is the lack of lights in Arundal square and patrick street.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭twistables

El Presidente of the European dodge ball association has a lot of pull in high places about the town. Source him and I'm sure he can get you answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Storage i think & then used again next year.
    Im sure they re-use what they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Storage i think & then used again next year.
    Im sure they re-use what they can.

That's what I would of thought but a lot of the older lights are gone. Which got me thinking if they are in storage why not put them up in patrick street/arundal sqaure.

I guess it could be a case that they are damaged and would not be suitable for use.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

The_Shotz wrote: »
    That's what I would of thought but a lot of the older lights are gone. Which got me thinking if they are in storage why not put them up in patrick street/arundal sqaure.

I guess it could be a case that they are damaged and would not be suitable for use.

They go into storage but outdoor lights have a short lifespan an tend to degrade after a few years and need to be replaced. Also people don't like to see the same display every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

I notice the Christmas lights on the quays have been taken with and only a small amount replaced, disappointing this, as the quays looked well when the lighte stretched the whole lenght of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

I notice the Christmas lights on the quays have been taken with and only a small amount replaced, disappointing this, as the quays looked well when the lighte stretched the whole lenght of it

And no tree on yhe bridge or crib in ballybricken.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭trevm

The christmas lights in waterford this year are pathetic. Very little on the quay and nothing on the bridge unlike previous years. Disappointing seeing as winterval is supposed to be a showcase for the town

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

trevm wrote: »
    The christmas lights in waterford this year are pathetic. Very little on the quay and nothing on the bridge unlike previous years. Disappointing seeing as winterval is supposed to be a showcase for the town

Take a walk into the city it's awash with Christmas lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Was just thinking while in town today. What happens the old christmas lights?
    It depends on who owns them. In Dublin, the ones in Grafton Street are owned by the traders there - they paid more to get nicer ones.

I imagine they go into storage and get re-used every year, perhaps being swapped around from time to time.

Advertisement