Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anpost and swift post to PO boxes

Options
  • 19-11-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I was sending a document to a freepost address today and the woman in the P.O talked me into sending it via swiftpost incase it got lost (fair enough, I agreed with her in the end) however upon reading the anpost website it says

"Please note that a PO Box is an insufficient address for any signature service"

does this mean the letter won't be delivered at all? or will they just deliver it without a signature? i am in panic mode as i need that letter delivered thursday morning at the latest :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Standard ExpressPost doesn't require a signature. You have to pay extra for the signature service. Not 100% sure if they would deliver to a PO Box though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 1414

thanks for that. she didn't call it express post (swift post) but i assume they are the same thing.

passport office made a huge mistake on my passport and i need it corrected & back to me before monday :(

if anyone knows if express post can be delivered to a PO box please let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

All types of post including swiftpost and registered can be delivered to a po box. I know this because I have worked in the po box section of an post. If a signature is necessary for an item then whoever is collecting the mail from the po box will get a special notification in their box telling them to to go to the mail counter to sign for their item.

Advertisement