Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is your service so poor ?

Options
  • 19-11-2013 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Have had Laser transaction taken out twice for one transaction.

Sent message RefA9000500222623 but no reply and no credit done. I do not deal with your branches as last dealing with Manager she lied that she would refund 50% of un-notified charges when you sneakily added these several months ago but no refund done.
    Atrocious service from your bank and ever increasing fees.

Your a frickin' joke and an expensive one at that.

Immediately credit the money you have STOLEN from me and refund the fees promised several months ago

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bigmax

Have had Laser transaction taken out twice for one transaction.

Sent message RefA9000500222623 but no reply and no credit done. I do not deal with your branches as last dealing with Manager she lied that she would refund 50% of un-notified charges when you sneakily added these several months ago but no refund done.
    Atrocious service from your bank and ever increasing fees.

Your a frickin' joke and an expensive one at that.

Immediately credit the money you have STOLEN from me and refund the fees promised several months ago
    Hi Unhappy with BOI.
    I understand,you are not the only one. I am in the process of moving my account from them after 35 yrs. Don,t forget we are funding them by our tax levy.They could not facilitate me because of my age(65),yet I travelled 20 miles down to the next town to a private Bank(not funded by the State),and actually made a cup of coffee for me,and assured me that the facility I wanted was available to me.I got the commitment in writing on the post the next day,to call in to them next Monday and I will be fixed up. Obviously,the BOI was fobbing me off,and don,t need the small account holder anymore.Sure, the are financed by our tax levy now,why would they be bothered by the likes of me,a pensioner. from bigmax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi UnhappywithBOI,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We have contacted the team that manage our Secure Messages and can see that you sent your message Tuesday 19th November at 00.26. Your query is currently in a queue and whilst we endeavour to answer all queries as quickly as possible, our turn around time is 1-2 working days for a response to be issued.

If a card payment is cancelled or voided at a point of sale after we have authorised it, it will take five working days to correct on the system and be removed from your account. This can also occur if the retailer requests that you enter your PIN a second time.

This may have been the reason you saw the same Visa Debit Transactions show up on your account twice. This is beyond or control and very much depends on how the retailer process their transactions.

If after this time frame you still wish to query these transactions, please contact your account holding branch or alternatively if registered for Bank of Ireland 365, please contact them on 0818 365 365 where a representative will be more than happy to assist you with this.

To dispute fees associated with your account please contact your account holding branch directly. As we do not have account access here we can not query this for you. Branch details can be found here.

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 15 UnhappywithBOI

Hi UnhappywithBOI,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We have contacted the team that manage our Secure Messages and can see that you sent your message Tuesday 19th November at 00.26. Your query is currently in a queue and whilst we endeavour to answer all queries as quickly as possible, our turn around time is 1-2 working days for a response to be issued.

If a card payment is cancelled or voided at a point of sale after we have authorised it, it will take five working days to correct on the system and be removed from your account.  This can also occur if the retailer requests that you enter your PIN a second time.

This may have been the reason you saw the same Visa Debit Transactions show up on your account twice. This is beyond or control and very much depends on how the retailer process their transactions.

If after this time frame you still wish to query these transactions, please contact your account holding branch or alternatively if registered for Bank of Ireland 365, please contact them on 0818 365 365 where a representative will be more than happy to assist you with this.

To dispute fees associated with your account please contact your account holding branch directly. As we do not have account access here we can not query this for you. Branch details can be found here.

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C
    2 days to reply to a simple request is IMO unacceptable and indicative of your ever declining level of service never mind how long it takes for you to correct your error.
    5 days to correct an error is also unacceptable.
    I do not deal with any branch as your part-time hours are not suitable and on the rare occasion that I have contacted them, I have been lied to.
    I had contacted the branch manager re sneaky fees who told me she would credit 50%, which she did not do. Why should I contact this unreliable person again ?
    You can credit the money taken from my account and refund the fees promised by YOUR branch, not mine.

YOU work for BOI, I am contacting YOU to correct these as directed from YOUR website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi UnhappywithBOI,

Due to the high volume of queries received by our Online Service Desk it is not always possible to issue a response straight away. Our team endeavour to answer all queries as soon as possible.

As per our Boards charter, we are here to answer day to day banking queries. Details of our charter can be seen here and will inform you of how this forum works.

As we do not have account access here we are unable to query this for you. Should you wish to dispute fees associated with your account or discuss a refund, you will need to speak to your account holding branch directly.
    It is not possible to request this through Bank of Ireland 365.

Thanks,

Paula C

..............  and where does one go when the Manager of "account holding branch directly" lies and doesn't do what she said she would ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

..............  and where does one go when the Manager of "account holding branch directly" lies and doesn't do what she said she would ?
    If you are unhappy with the service you have received from your branch and would like to lodge this as an official complaint for full investigation, please see here for our Customer Complaints Process.

Thanks
    Tara

If you are unhappy with the service you have received from your branch and would like to lodge this as an official complaint for full investigation, please see here for our Customer Complaints Process.

Thanks
    Tara
    The error has finally been corrected on my account regarding the incorrect posting but still no reply to my message nor any satisfaction regarding your manager's lies and inaction.

The fact that to quote Paula C

" Due to the high volume of queries received by our Online Service Desk it is not always possible to issue a response straight away. Our team endeavour to answer all queries as soon as possible."

contradicts her earlier

" Your query is currently in a queue and whilst we endeavour to answer all queries as quickly as possible, our turn around time is 1-2 working days for a response to be issued."

This may also be indicative of having too may complaints and issues or possibly not enough staff to deal with them or simply not giving a rat's ass about your customers.

I, as many others have, will complain, silently all the way to another bank and will simply be a statistic of another lost long-time customer who will do everything they can to spread the word, to all who will listen, on the piss poor treatment and disregard YOUR bank, whether you wish to differentiate between 365 and branches or not, has for its CUSTOMERS.

Hold that door if you don't mind.
    I'd hate to have it hit me in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

The online messaging is a very bad joke. I have used it a couple of times, with no response either time to the mailbox. One was a simple change of address, my statements go to one address, I want them to go to my new address. It says you can do this online. I got a letter about a month after submitting online that they could not do that, no explanation why not.

Appalling service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

dirtyden wrote: »
    The online messaging is a very bad joke. I have used it a couple of times, with no response either time to the mailbox. One was a simple change of address, my statements go to one address, I want them to go to my new address. It says you can do this online. I got a letter about a month after submitting online that they could not do that, no explanation why not.

Appalling service.
    Hi dirtyden,

We're sorry to hear you are unhappy with the 'Online Service Desk' on Bank of Ireland 365 online.

We would like to look into this for you, can you please send us a Private Message with your Full name, contact number and the branch your account is held in.

You can only update your address on Bank of Ireland 365 online if you have registered your mobile phone to receive activation codes by text message, and the account you wish to amend is a sole account.

Thanks

Seán

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Folks - keep it civil, the reps are here to help you, not to be abused and we will start banning people who continue to do so and the end result is that it'll just take you longer to get your problem solved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement