Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A+A Christmas/Saturnalia/Whatever Party - Friday, 6th December!

• 19-11-2013 9:21pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls!

One, some or all of your friendly forum mods are organizing a pizza and beer evening on Friday, 6th of December, here in bright and cheerful, sunny and wonderful Dublin! The plan so far is to meet in Milano on Dawson Street at half-past six -- possibility of beer in The Duke from half-five -- then head down afterwards to meet the good people in Atheist Ireland who are having their Christmas Party in the Trinity Capital Hotel. Some of the people behind the Educate Together Secular Parents Group will be pizza'ing too, kids and significant others willing. In fact, some kids and SO's might be there too, so hold onto your holy hats.

Topics of discussion for the evening include:
    • Ugh, what's this yellow, sweet thing in my pizza?
    • The Chocolate Hob Nob - perfection defiled.
    • Wither the religious humor thread, now that the old one broke 10,000 posts?
    • The setting up and inaugural meeting of The Catholic Recovery Advisory Panel (better acronyms welcome).
    • Whatever happened to that nice Zombrex chap?
    • Lifts and how to avoid becoming internet roadkill.
    • Any other business, except for creationism, Ken Ham and especially William Lane Craig.

AI's event page is here (if you're in AI, then it's best to accept there, as numbers are limited, and we'll tell Michael how many A+A people are planning to drop along). Here's AI's welcome:
    You are cordially invited to the 2013 Atheist Ireland Christmas Party. We have booked the lovely Trinity Capital Hotel on the evening of Friday, December 6th. Attendance is free for Atheist Ireland members (so go on, join up now!!) or €10 for non-members. You can, if you like, join up on the night. Finger food will be provided and we'll organise a raffle and do a little fundraising for the Atheism Course we're working on with Educate Together. It will, first and foremost, be a night for people to get together and have fun!

Places are limited to around 50 people unfortunately, because we had to give numbers to the hotel to secure the room and food. Because of this, we do need to know in advance if you are coming and how many guests you are bringing. Please don't 'accept' the invitation until you're sure but bear in mind that the later you leave it, the harder it will be to accommodate you if we have exceeded our numbers.

Otherwise, well - tuck in!

281067.gif

R u hip to dine? 7 votes

Yep, pizzas? And biscuits too? Wow, count me in!
    0%
    Nope, dammit, I'm visiting the creation museum that evening.
    100%
    Beruthielrobindchlegspin[Deleted User]GalvaseanoldrnwisrTiddlypeeps 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Not in AI, and am not sure if I'll be free that weekend (the GAA season is extending a bit down hear, due mainly to the minors drawing games), but if I am I'd love to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Damn...can't make it again. Will be in Dublin on night of the 3rd, Cork on the 6th and 7th. Bum :-( Sounds like a good one - someone have a PINEAPPLE and ham pizza for me will ya?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Though it pains me to have something in common with a vile defiler of that which is sacred (who puts that on pizza, I ask you?), I must also offer my apologies, for obvious reasons. I hope everyone has a great night!

pauldla wrote: »
    Though it pains me to have something in common with a vile defiler of that which is sacred (who puts that on pizza, I ask you?), I must also offer my apologies, for obvious reasons. I hope everyone has a great night!
    :eek::eek::eek:

BITE ME :mad:

4322.jpg?g=lw879z&a=lxqP2G

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

You can put me down as a definite maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Is JC coming?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

The invitation's open to everybody, but I believe JC lives in The North, so I imagine it's unlikely he/she'll make it down. JC can, of course, confirm :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Where's the poll Robin?!
    The one where we get to see if there's many going from here.
    That poll.
    Chop. Chop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Damn it. I'm in Dublin on the 20th.

Now with poll goodness.

• Advertisement

[-0-] wrote: »

stay an extra night :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

robindch wrote: »
    Now with poll goodness.

Where's the food menu survey?

Jernal wrote: »
    Where's the food menu survey?
    On the table, just next to the Pizza con Funghi.

[-0-] If you've got to go away.
    We don't think, we can take the pain.
    Won't you stay another day?

[-0-] If you've got to go away.
    We don't think, we can take the pain.
    Won't you stay another day?

Now that song is in my head for the day. Thanks Jernal.

This song was playing when I found my puppy dead when I was a kid. You're cold, guy. :( No wonder he died. It's a horrible song! :pac:

Now that song is in my head for the day. Thanks Jernal.

This song was playing when I found my puppy dead when I was a kid. You're cold, guy. :( No wonder he died. It's a horrible song! :pac:

Sorry didn't intend to invoke such a horrid memory. Condolences.
    Was just attempting to prep you for the inevitable crappy songs come Christmas time.
    You scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy. . .ahem sorry.

Meh, I'm over it. :)

They started playing Christmas songs on the radio here in the states, 24/7 since last Sunday.

My wife LOVES Christmas songs so you can imagine our car journeys. Loads of fun. :o

bluewolf wrote: »
    stay an extra night :cool:

Uhh bluey. The date is 6th of December. Tie fighter guy isn't in Dublin until the 20th. Staying another night would still mean he'll likely miss all the awesome people. :p

Uhh bluey. The date is 6th of December. Tie fighter guy isn't in Dublin until the 20th. Staying another night would still mean he'll likely miss all the awesome people. :p

Fighter guy?! Do you fight a lot [-0-]?

Meh, I'm over it. :)

They started playing Christmas songs on the radio here in the states, 24/7 since last Sunday.

My wife LOVES Christmas songs so you can imagine our car journeys. Loads of fun. :o

Solution : Whoever drives can control the music. When she's driving you can just don ear plugs and fall asleep. :) Or you could both sing along together in that cheesy hollywood family movie type of way. :D

• Advertisement

Obliq wrote: »
    Fighter guy?! Do you fight a lot [-0-]?
    TFg3d0.jpg
    No a TIE-Fighter from Star Wars. Not as good as the TIE Interceptor or the TIE-Advanced X1 but still a mighty good ship! Arr! (What? It's a Disney product now and it's bound to have pirates eventually!)

AOooooh! I get it now :o Ta! :D (missed the "tie" part)

Makes it an even cooler username now I can pronounce it too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

A5BZG0_CcAA-SKy.png:large

I got confused
    shush :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

:eek::eek::eek:

BITE ME :mad:

{...}

;)

I actually like pineapple on pizza. Sometimes. I also like anchovies. But never together. Never again.

bluewolf wrote: »
    I got confused
    shush :(

Sure no problem. Here, have Bourbon. :)

I actually like pineapple on pizza.

angry+mob+Jasons+Scotch+Whisky+Reviews.jpeg

I actually like pineapple on pizza. Sometimes. I also like anchovies. But never together. Never again.

I am liking you now. Anchovies are GORGEOUS, as are capers, but the little fishies of joy are better. But yes, I too would draw the line at mixing fish with the wonderful yellow fruit that goes so well with ham and yeast bread base with a glorious tomato sauce and cheese......dammit. I can't possibly fit a pizza in after the dinner I had. How can I be still hungry?

Oh yes. Gave up the smokes....I remember now. Expanded by 4 inches instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Should make it out for drinks that night. haven't been in forum much so should show my (beautiful) face.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Should make it out for drinks that night. haven't been in forum much so should show my (beautiful) face.

Yes. Where the hell were you recently?! :( Welcome back btw.

Ps. Anyone going to be in Cork city on the 6th and would like an alternative atheist pizza piss-up? Helloooo??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Ps. Anyone going to be in Cork city on the 6th and would like an alternative atheist pizza piss-up? Helloooo??!

Ooh ooh!! Me ME!

Booo Dublin! BOOOOOO!!

Yay!! Party of two! Be there or be square, people :cool:

(We won't fight over my Hawaiian pizza, will we gbear?)

You can have your Hawaiian pizza and I can have my non-monstrosity delicious pizza.

31 posts. No wonder atheism is a minority religion when all it takes is 31 posts for a schism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

31 posts. No wonder atheism is a minority religion when all it takes is 31 posts for a schism.

Frankly I'm suprised we managed to last that long. I read once that getting a group of atheists to walk the same direction down a street is like herding a bunch of cats, and I've never seen anything to disprove that statement.

Aslo, 6th of December is out for me unfortunately, parish annual is being launched same day, and I've two articles in it.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    ..... my non-monstrosity delicious pizza.

Oh. Kaaaaaaaaay.

tumblr_inline_mrpkevlaXj1qz4rgp.gif

I may be needing an extra pineapple at my table then.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Look, we don't have any problems with pineapple or pizza as individuals. In fact some of my friends are pineapples. But it goes against the natural order of things to mix the two. I mean what's next? Putting our sons and daughters on pizza? Putting ANIMALS on pizza?

Just my opinion BTW, so that means you're not allowed to tear it apart because it's just as valid as any set of facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,569 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Desire for pineapple can be cured. God will show you how.

Scrap the cap!

Sarky wrote: »
    Look, we don't have any problems with pineapple it pizza as individuals. In fact some of my friends are pineapples. But it goes against the natural order of things to mix the two. I mean what's next? Putting our sons and daughters on pizza? Putting ANIMALS on pizza?

Just my opinion BTW, so that means you're not allowed to tear it apart because it's just as valid as any set of facts.

I put animals on my pizza! Like pigs and chickens and rhinoceroses and lambs and koalas and dodos.

Pizza bianca ai funghi is where it's at folks - a light sourdough base, not too crisped, no passata, medium strength mozarella, mushrooms, very light dusting of fresh herbs. Add four glasses of red to wash down.

In comparison, all else is hell on Earth.

281492.jpg

• Advertisement

Pizza bianca ai funghi is where it's at folks - a light sourdough base, not too crisped, no passata, medium strength mozarella, mushrooms, very light dusting of fresh herbs. Add four glasses of red to wash down.

In comparison, all else is hell on Earth.

{...}

Needs bacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I love laying bacon strips on pepperoni pizza.

Parma ham lightly fried and placed in a bowl and drizzled on the pizza by the diner, well, yes, perhaps. But thick slices of oily rasher? Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk!

Parma ham lightly fried and placed in a bowl and drizzled on the pizza by the diner, well, yes, perhaps. But thick slices of oily rasher? Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk!

Oily? You're cooking your rashers wrong mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Pizza! I want pizza, I'm in but keep the bloody pineapple away from me!

Fresh buffalo mozzarella from the English Market (I think it's made in Charleville), prosciutto, red onion and an egg and then a fistful of rocket, some parmesan and a drizzle of very good olive oil once it comes out of the oven. Omnomnomnom.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Chorizo, anchovies, red onions and green chillis on a paper thin base for me. No fruit, no ham. Maybe a glass or two of red alongside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Fresh buffalo mozzarella from the English Market (I think it's made in Charleville), prosciutto, red onion and an egg and then a fistful of rocket, some parmesan and a drizzle of very good olive oil once it comes out of the oven. Omnomnomnom.

Portable oven and we're sorted.

Ah robin, sorry but that looks mank :p You'd need the 4 glasses of wine alright...

(refuses to agree with a pineapple hater, hmmph)
    Corkfeen wrote: »
    Pizza! I want pizza, I'm in but keep the bloody pineapple away from me!

Grand, well at least you're prepared to man up and deal with the issue face to face, unlike some other Cork residents I could mention :(
    Did I mention that Cork is a HOLY HOOR of a city to drive in? I realise now might not be the time and place but I was sent on a shopping mission around the city today by the poorly aunt, so I would like to complain to the management. You'll do, random Cork person.

Sorted! Is your house handy to find? Not too many one ways that are just that bit too small for 3 point turns when you realise your mistake? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Tie fighter guy

Ooohhhhhh.....

'TIE fighter'........

I get it now. I always read [-o-] as 'Boop'! No idea why. I just didn't have a sound for [-o-], so I unconsciously substituted it with 'Boop'.

Sorry [-o-]. No offense intended. Actually feel a bit silly now...

If the beers turns out to be a mad one, will we have to start calling you {~o~}...?

Or 'Bloop'?

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement