Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A+A Christmas/Saturnalia/Whatever Party - Friday, 6th December!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Sarky wrote: »
    Look, we don't have any problems with pineapple or pizza as individuals. In fact some of my friends are pineapples. But it goes against the natural order of things to mix the two. I mean what's next? Putting our sons and daughters on pizza? Putting ANIMALS on pizza?

Just my opinion BTW, so that means you're not allowed to tear it apart because it's just as valid as any set of facts.

And what would you say to your daughter if she turned around and said 'Dad, I also like pineapples and pizzas. Now, I know your feelings on the subject but actually I like them....together'. Would you turn her away? Forbid her from eating the fruit with the yeast and ham?

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less what you think of my pizza/pineapple habit, but I reckon you haven't the wee roundy things to say it to my face :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

robindch wrote: »
    Pizza bianca ai funghi is where it's at folks - a light sourdough base, not too crisped, no passata, medium strength mozarella, mushrooms, very light dusting of fresh herbs. Add four glasses of red to wash down.

In comparison, all else is hell on Earth.

281492.jpg

Man.... da fuq did I just look at? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

It looks as if the base of the pizza is fungi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Nope, dammit, I'm visiting the creation museum that evening.
    Obliq wrote: »
    Yes. Where the hell were you recently?! :( Welcome back btw.

Got me a full time job working with computers.

Now I hate computers :P

Also organising a charity event (it's tonight - see the boards.ie announcement) which has been taking up all of my free time over the last few weeks.

Galvasean wrote: »

Also organising a charity event (it's tonight - see the boards.ie announcement) which has been taking up all of my free time over the last few weeks.

Oh yeah - good luck with that! I'm sure it'll be great craic...:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Good to see you back.

MrP

Chicken and pepperoni and ham and rashers and peppers and herbs please
    If you want to throw in bits of beef as well that's cool
    Actually just hold the pizza and give me a bowl of meat :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

bluewolf wrote: »
    Chicken and pepperoni and ham and rashers and peppers and herbs please
    If you want to throw in bits of beef as well that's cool
    Actually just hold the pizza and give me a bowl of meat :p

Don't Buddhists have something to say about killing things to eat them?

Zillah wrote: »
    Don't Buddhists have something to say about killing things to eat them?

I'm not killing anything thanks!
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

No offence to Galvasean, legspin, robindch (I'm sure ye are lovely lads :D - well, I know robin is cos we've met).
    but, erm... oldrnwisr... you're going to this shindig eh...?

I've been hovering over whither or not to go but this could just be the clincher! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Pig on bread. Anything else is unnecessary

The plan so far is to meet in Milano on Dawson Street at half-past six -- possibility of beer in The Duke from half-five --

robin, this would be just for Boardsies only I presume?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

^^^ Not entirely, as there'll be a few people from the DSP's Secular Parents Group too. In addition to my own precious Snowflake of course (though she may not be partaking of beer in the Duke, at least, not during the earlier part of the evening anyway). Do feel free to invite anybody you'd like along.

Cute picture of Snowflake here, btw -- thanks to Bannsidhe for the book recommendation!

282051.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Introduced her to Scratch yet? Or is she still too young? :)

Beruthiel wrote: »
    No offence to Galvasean, legspin, robindch (I'm sure ye are lovely lads :D - well, I know robin is cos we've met).
    but, erm... oldrnwisr... you're going to this shindig eh...?

WE HAVE MET!!! :mad:

Obviously I was as riveting in conversation as ever :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That reminds me to get CV's Maths Made Easy, we got the Science Made Easy already, and maths is Mini-Miss's favourite subject... (reminder to self: take and post show-off pic) :pac:

She's been going to the (free) chess classes in the local library for the last few weeks, ironically I thought she was still a bit young but her mam who can't play overruled me, and she loves it :)

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Gbear wrote: »
    Ooh ooh!! Me ME!

Booo Dublin! BOOOOOO!!

Anybody up for a schism?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls!

One, some or all of your friendly forum mods are organizing a pizza and beer evening on Friday, 6th of December, here in bright and cheerful, sunny and wonderful Dublin! The plan so far is to meet in Milano on Dawson Street at half-past six -- possibility of beer in The Duke from half-five -- then head down afterwards to meet the good people in Atheist Ireland who are having their Christmas Party in the Trinity Capital Hotel. Some of the people behind the Educate Together Secular Parents Group will be pizza'ing too, kids and significant others willing. In fact, some kids and SO's might be there too, so hold onto your holy hats.

Topics of discussion for the evening include:
    • Ugh, what's this yellow, sweet thing in my pizza?
    • The Chocolate Hob Nob - perfection defiled.
    • Wither the religious humor thread, now that the old one broke 10,000 posts?
    • The setting up and inaugural meeting of The Catholic Recovery Advisory Panel (better acronyms welcome).
    • Whatever happened to that nice Zombrex chap?
    • Lifts and how to avoid becoming internet roadkill.
    • Any other business, except for creationism, Ken Ham and especially William Lane Craig.
    AI's event page is here (if you're in AI, then it's best to accept there, as numbers are limited, and we'll tell Michael how many A+A people are planning to drop along). Here's AI's welcome:

Otherwise, well - tuck in!

281067.gif
    Love to, but sadly I'll be in Lanzarote that week.

endacl wrote: »
    Anybody up for a schism?

:D

Why, ....yes :D

WHASSUUUP my little Cork buddies?! I have it on good authorities (one that can't attend, another that I hope will be able to show his face) that the Franciscan Well on North Mall has both great craft beers and a pizza menu for the place round the corner. What say you to our epic A&A schism meeting at a Franciscan monestary?! There were other pizza restaurant suggestions, but I'd prefer to wait in a brew pub. However, this IS a democracy I suppose, so I will post up the other suggestions if wanted . Who's in, Cork peeps?

obplayer wrote: »
    Love to, but sadly I'll be in Lanzarote that week.

Yeah, my heart bleeds for you ;-)

• Advertisement

WE HAVE MET!!! :mad:

You're not that Boardsie who shifted my niece?
    Him, I remember.
    Obviously I was as riveting in conversation as ever :pac:

Yes.. ermm... obviously.....

WHASSUUUP my little Cork buddies?! I have it on good authorities (one that can't attend, another that I hope will be able to show his face) that the Franciscan Well on North Mall has both great craft beers and a pizza menu for the place round the corner. What say you to our epic A&A schism meeting at a Franciscan monestary?! There were other pizza restaurant suggestions, but I'd prefer to wait in a brew pub. However, this IS a democracy I suppose, so I will post up the other suggestions if wanted . Who's in, Cork peeps?

I guess I could make that journey. Friday is it?

Corkfeen wrote: »
    :)
    Yes.....for me anyway. I might be gone back to Clare by Saturday evening. If Friday suits you, that would be ace and you can pick the time as I'm only up the road from there at my aunt's.

So looks like a goer then, but it would be nice to have more of us eh?! Where's gbear? Oh, and do you think we need a secret signal or some other identification method?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

So looks like a goer then, but it would be nice to have more of us eh?! Where's gbear? Oh, and do you think we need a secret signal or some other identification method?

Just stand up and shout;
    "THERE IS NO GOD!"
    And the appropriate reply is;
    "GODS NOT REAL!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

:)
    Yes.....for me anyway. I might be gone back to Clare by Saturday evening. If Friday suits you, that would be ace and you can pick the time as I'm only up the road from there at my aunt's.

Fran Well, Friday? Sounds good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

{...}

You should use the Team America secret signal:

:cool:
    Fran Well, Friday? Sounds good.
    Just stand up and shout;
    "THERE IS NO GOD!"
    And the appropriate reply is;
    "GODS NOT REAL!"

Ehhh......NO.

Just seen gaynorvader's suggestion! I was totally thinking that already :D

I'm going to fire flames from my hands and shout 'By the Grace of Odin!'. Any time suits me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Forget pineapple.
    Jesus is my favourite pizza topping.

B1rE1ny.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Absoluvely wrote: »
    Forget pineapple.
    Jesus is my favourite pizza topping.

B1rE1ny.png

Does that transubstantiate into pepperoni?

Holy spiced sausage, Batman!!!

• Advertisement

I'm going to fire flames from my hands and shout 'By the Grace of Odin!'. Any time suits me. :D

Sound. I shall have to likewise announce "By the Power of Grayskull!" in a combination move with the High Commander salute to the Big Giant Head in 3rd rock from the sun. Or the double Rimmer. I have not decided yet.

No need to fear.....I shall try to assimilate to the environment :D

Beruthiel wrote: »
    You're not that Boardsie who shifted my niece?
    Him, I remember.

Nah, 'twas your niece's friend who I shifted.

Moving swiftly on.... where are we meeting on Friday and where?

Moving swiftly on.... where are we meeting on Friday and where?

In Cork,that's where all the cool forum people will be.

Yo yo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeZFKZysEy3BYkhYleKIywdU76A50xuIPkz2z8KZcEBibr4dS7Xg

Damnit Galvasean, just read the bloody OP! >_<

Cool. I'll text Robin when I'm on the way in. Should be in Dublin around 7(ish)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,485 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Yes!! I can literally roll down the hill, no effort involved. As in a true representative democracy, I choose to defer the time-choosing to the nearest elected official.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Yes!! I can literally roll down the hill, no effort involved. As in a true representative democracy, I choose to defer the time-choosing to the nearest elected official.

Excellent! Also, a well deflected decision. Kudos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Re the pizza house round the corner, are you not thinking about the Bierhaus. I don't recall no pizza house near the Well from my time in the second city.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It's maybe a 5 minute walk at most. They deliver to the Fran Well all the time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

Is it fancy dress?
    I was going to go as a brown bomber but that's a bit racist.
    I'll just wear me Burka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Can I bring my wives?

Can you make sure my seat is facing Mecca?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I was going to wear my "I'm superior to everyone yet have no moral compass" t-shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

I was going to wear my "I'm superior to everyone yet have no moral compass" t-shirt.

The plain white t-shirt?

Might try this tee-shirt:

283204.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

I said yes in the poll but unfortunately work has got in the way. Enjoy yourselves.

OK, final details -- had to change the location as Milano's was booked out a few days back. Which was possibly not a bad thing anyway.

Instead, meet at [url=http://tinyurl.com/lgu68hz
    ]Beggars Bush pub on Haddington Road[/url] (nearest dart is Grand Canal Dock). Insert beer, cider, wine, crisps and discuss, uh, things. Then down the road fifty yards to Paulie's Pizza for six-thirty!

http://www.juniors.ie/paulies-pizza.php

Have a good one, Dublin peeps!! We, the Cork contingent, have arranged for the Franciscan Well brew bar at 6, with now 4 people (including me) turning up at various hours. From what I can make out, there should be at least 2 or 3 people there at all times, yay!! Discussions will definitely include pizza, and the worthy Hawaiian :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Why am I only seeing this now?!
    I can't make the meal anyway but as look would have it lastnight I baked a small batch of biscuits... I could bring some to the pub after... what's the plan there?

The plan's to grab a beer in Beggar's Bush from half five, then down to Paulie's for half-six, then drop down to the AI crew in Trinity Capital Hotel around half eight or nine.

Do feel free to drop in any time that suits you. I'll be spending the afternoon trying to locate my navy tee-shirt (see above).

• Advertisement
Advertisement