Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back up my Nexus - Cyanogenmod

• 19-11-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

Hi guys since getting my Nexus 5 i thought id try mess about with android on my Galaxy Nexus. So i decided to try Cyanogenmod. Just wondering can someone explain to me how i back up of my stock image incase i decide to go back.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

projectgtr wrote: »
    Hi guys since getting my Nexus 5 i thought id try mess about with android on my Galaxy Nexus. So i decided to try Cyanogenmod. Just wondering can someone explain to me how i back up of my stock image incase i decide to go back.

Thanks in advance.
    Three steps really:

1. Root device with any known method (SuperOneClick is the easiest).
    2. Install ROM Manager from Play Store.
    3. Flash ClockworkMod from ROM Manager app.
    4. Under Backup and Restore, choose Backup Current ROM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

advertsfox wrote: »
    Three steps really:

1. Root device with any known method (SuperOneClick is the easiest).
    2. Install ROM Manager from Play Store.
    3. Flash ClockworkMod from ROM Manager app.
    4. Under Backup and Restore, choose Backup Current ROM.

thanks Advertsfox, much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

thanks Advertsfox, much appreciated

If its a Sammy nexus make sure and backup the .efs folder if its not automatically backed up by your recovery... It holds your imei and is vital to your phone connecting network services...

If you don't you need a Samsung flash tool to fix it...

Happy tinkering otherwise... :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Fieldog wrote: »
    If its a Sammy nexus make sure and backup the .efs folder if its not automatically backed up by your recovery... It holds your imei and is vital to your phone connecting network services...

If you don't you need a Samsung flash tool to fix it...

Happy tinkering otherwise... :-)

it sure is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, how do i back up a specific folder? is it easy enough in recovery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

it sure is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, how do i back up a specific folder? is it easy enough in recovery?
    Good advice but that shouldn't be necessary, the EFS folder is often wiped when people mess with ODIN3 (Samsung Flash Utility) on Samsung TouchWiz phones like the Galaxy series (Galaxy Nexus is pure stock so its not built the same) but once you follow my steps, you can use the new CMInstaller to flash the latest build and it won't affect your virtual internal SD card (where your Nandroid is) or use the ROM manager Download Server built into the app to copy the backup to your PC :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement