Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much Christmas shopping have you done so far?

Options
  • 19-11-2013 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

I didn't see a thread on this already..

How much shopping have you done so far?

I've bought a few bits but going to town on Friday to get the rest. I have never been able, financially, to go out on one day and get everything I need, so it feels great to get it all done in one day; just hope the shops have everything on my list :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Have everything ordered or bought (bar gifts for 2 friends but am hoping to get them sorted tomorrow), just waiting for things to show up now. Some arrived today and yesterday, more should arrive during the week, it's great, like getting presents for me! :) Have already wrapped a lot of things too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Haven't bought anything yet, I'm not panicked though. I only have to buy for my husband (easy), my sister (easy) and my sister's husband (not so easy but should be okay). Oh, and the stupid kris kindle present for work.

I do 99% of my shopping online and i'm prepared so no stress here anyway.

I'm more picky about my decorations etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭fpllad

Bought me ma and da their "BIG" Christmas presents, now am looking for get "smaller" more unique presents...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Will all be last minute madness as usual. Never seem to have any momey until Christmas week!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

a few late nite 11pm trips to smyths toys last week has me allmost sorted now .
    gave up on argos as they only had 1 item out of 5 that i needed .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Crazy Eye wrote: »
    a few late nite 11pm trips to smyths toys last week has me allmost sorted now .
    gave up on argos as they only had 1 item out of 5 that i needed .

Reminds me, I was out on the balcony having a sneaky smoke (having "quit") over the weekend and I saw a couple doing a frantic secret dash to the car and back with toystore bags. It was around 11 so obviously the kids were in bed. I thought it was a lovely little snippet of spying into one of the best parts of Christmas. Her holding the front door hissing at yer man to hurry up, while checking up the stairs every few seconds to make sure nobody was awake. Him doing a half run, half crouch as if he was a sniper or something. So cute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

OH done.

6 nieces/nephews done.

All I have left to do is one secret santa for work, and another for family. Which will be small/relatively stress free.

Nice calm December ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have about half done. I don't have much to do anyway so it's not difficult and I've bought everything online so far. The rest will be done next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Only doing small present with the husband this year and planning to go away in the New Year as our present to each other.

Have all got for my Mum, might get a few small bits for her if I see anything nice.

Going do do a money tree for my brother and his OH so that they can go away for a weekend. That is going to take so work... also have got c

Have to get a present for my grumpy aunt, she moans about everything she gets to my Mum and is just intersted in the value of it.

Then a load of kids, have decided they are all getting PJ's and a book. I have noticed that kids love PJ's.

My best friend... Not sure what to get her.

Another really good friend wants to get a tattoo in memory of her Mum so going to get her a voucher towards that.

Pandora charm for another friend. Have it orders and waiting on it to arrive.

Some friends with kids, vouchers for lunch and a family cinema ticket.

Taking the easy way out this year. Really busy with work and had a massive tax bill so trying to keep it simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

About half-way there and hopefully going to finish the rest on my day off on Friday. Can't be doing with the crazy crowds and queues once December hits.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

got some christmas advent calenders for 99c in aldi today so kids will be happy from 1st of december .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭santana75

Fcuk Im amazed at how much people have done already and its not even december! I dont even start until around dec 22nd or so, my friends are the same(unless they're lying to me). Although I can see the benefits of getting it done early..........trying to battle your way through the hordes on grafton street in late dec is a nightmare. Even thinking about it makes me wanna lie down. I think there'll be gift vouchers and gentleman's agreements this year so.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭cailinardthair

Just over half way today...Have the Boyfriends sisters and parents done, My godson, My secret santa, Most of my boyfriends and my Mom....but still have my sister, brothers and dad yet.....but glad to have the bulk done....hopefully will have money now at Christmas!
    I always get most of done now....especially if I am buying online.....I remember my little brothers present didn't come till christmas eve so I was never going to leave it that late again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

santana75 wrote: »
    Fcuk Im amazed at how much people have done already and its not even december! I dont even start until around dec 22nd or so, my friends are the same(unless they're lying to me). Although I can see the benefits of getting it done early..........trying to battle your way through the hordes on grafton street in late dec is a nightmare. Even thinking about it makes me wanna lie down. I think there'll be gift vouchers and gentleman's agreements this year so.

See why leave it til then? It's just asking for stress and hassle! I prefer to hang out, visit, have drinks the few days before, rather than fight with angry crowds for bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I am ALL done! Yey!

Mentioned it to my manager at work for us all to do a Kris Kringle this year and all seems go on that, just awaiting final Christmas Plans. If that gets green then that's my last pressie to buy :)

Even bought some surprises for few people this year as a kinda Thanks for Assistance & Support during 2013 :o

All pressies Wrapped, with bows on; Cards almost all bought, just Christmas Mass-Cards left to buy (next-week) and Christmas 2013 all Under-Wraps for kerry4sam!

Advertisement