Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Disappointed Mechanic.

Options
  • 19-11-2013 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭

Im a decent man. Im not here to convince anyone of that, they are entitled to their own opinion of me. However they should not be subjected to a hollow lie of a scenario that changes their opinion against their perception, be it for better or for worse.

In terms of my character on site. I have not crossed paths in a negative light once with anyone in a position from "Moderator" and upwards. Something any look through my record will prove. No warnings, no infractions or cards or anything of the like, No thread, forum, or site bans. Nothing. Until, without a hint of warning I, among others, were sitebanned for a month. I was banned for "personal abuse". I would have hoped my record would carry some weight in Prison and I could engage in dialogue with Admin on the subject. Instead I was ignored for two weeks- during which time I had written two more posts requesting the same and trying to explain why I thought I was wrongly banned- until Dav came into the thread, deliberately left my two posts unapproved and accused me of:

"You and a group of others engaged in harassment and bullying of other members via Boards and other forms of social media. You're lucky it's only a month. End of discussion.

To say that left a bad taste in my mouth as a man who has suffered rather severely in the past on the back of a false accusation would be slightly understating it. So I composed a post containing the three posts of the original thread, then I discussed, in extreme detail, his reason for banning me, why it wasnt necessary, how I was innocent and proof that each of his accusations were wrong and put it all in the first post of a second thread.

Two weeks I waited for the first threads response.

However it took less than three minutes for Gordon to react, deleting the thread and banning me from prison for "discussing a forbidden topic". While Ill admit smiling a little at the link to the prison forum provided in the message telling me I'd been banned from the prison forum, this whole thing has left me sorely disappointed.

Ye accused me of bullying, and harassment, (indirectly of cyber bullying in the TDs closing thread. "Those involved in cyber bullying have been dealt with") and ye treated me like a jackass while totally refusing to let me defend myself or my name here. Ill put this as politely as I can: Thats out of order.

What I said in the end of that short lived post, I meant. I do not wish to show my face to community that youve led to believe Ive done these things. But Im recently hopeful your branding of me won't be a facter in how many other users here see me.

If no one reads this, fine. If no one answers, just as fine. Im not here to discuss anything unless someone really wants to so withhold any helpful advice about going to the dispute resolution forum because I know I'll simply never win. This is not an argument, question or plea. This is merely my "Feedback" on an issue that has affected a decent users view on things here.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

If you did what was said and I would assume boards.ie wouldn't act without proof of the allegations, then you deserved a lot more than what you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

If you did what was said and I would assume boards.ie wouldn't act without proof of the allegations, then you deserved a lot more than what you got.

Wrong, you do not know the facts, but then again do not let that stop you jumping on the bandwagon..

I posted in the same thread as OP and can say hand on heart every word above is correct. He was never abusive or bullied any other poster, but was banned by association.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Hard to believe Boards made a mistake, God knows, your idea of "humour" may well not be to everyones taste and what you perceive as "banter" may in fact cross the line. I reckon you could have been banned for far longer. In fact, I'm amazed they let you back at all. You should be grateful, not indignant. IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Boney, I can also back up Reggie on this, he is no bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Im not going to keep pushing it. I just wanted to finally have a say on the matter and leave it at that.
    Hard to believe Boards made a mistake, God knows, your idea of "humour" may well not be to everyones taste and what you perceive as "banter" may in fact cross the line. I reckon you could have been banned for far longer. In fact, I'm amazed they let you back at all. You should be grateful, not indignant. IMO.

Im neither, Nucking. I promise that.

• Advertisement

Boney, I can also back up Reggie on this, he is no bully.
    He might have bullied inadvertently. "Bullying" is a very subjective term.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

would this topic not be more suited to the helpdesk or dispute resolution as it appears to be a complaint?

would this topic not be more suited to the helpdesk or dispute resolution as it appears to be a complaint?

It's not a complaint it's just a statement..

not yet wrote: »
    It's not a complaint it's just a statement..
    It sounds more like a cry for help tbh? There ought to be a more thorough explanation for why posters are being banned, to help people like Renegade understand just what it is they've done. I'm guessing it might involve crayons, dolls and a video link.

It sounds more like a cry for help tbh? There ought to be a more thorough explanation for why posters are being banned, to help people like Renegade understand just what it is they've done. I'm guessing it might involve crayons, dolls and a video link.

Well that's something nobody will ever get on Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

You shouldn't care so much.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well it didn't take long for this thread to start it's inevitable, inexorable descent into sniping and probable train wreck territory, so I'm locking it for the time being. I'll PM a link to the thread to Dav so that he's aware of it should he want to comment and/or re-open the thread tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I didn't delete your prison thread, it's here: http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057062472/1/#post87043699

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement