Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgages - How long before the full approval?

Options
  • 19-11-2013 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

how long did it take? Which bank?

They all say 5 days but I am hearing months from people!

Full application.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Someday can you please write a proper OP.
    This is the second thread you have started with a vague opening post. Full sentences and a bit of background to allow other users to respond in a helpful manner would be helpful.
    Right now your post is akin to asking "how long is a piece of string? ".

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Someday

How long did it take you to get full mortgage approval and which bank did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Someday wrote: »
    How long did it take you to get full mortgage approval and which bank did you use?

Boi and UB give full mortgage approval when you apply.Takes 5-7 days approx.Other banks give you approval in principle initially.These two skip this step.You can still meet them first to get a ballpark figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

AIB took about a week until we got approval in principle. They will only give full approval once you're sale agreed on a property and can provide details for that specific property (valuation survey). That will take about 2 weeks then I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dortilolma

Took 2 weeks to hear back from AIB and EBS. Permanent TSB took about 3 weeks.

Then again our circumstances were a little different and extra documentation was needed.

• Advertisement

Did the Approval in Principe from the Branch match what the underwriter was willing to lend you?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lou1984

I applied in June with Bank of Ireland and got full approval in 1 week including the weekend, so it was fairly quick.

@lou1984 first time buyer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lou1984

Hi yes myself and my boyfriend are first time buyers going through a house sale since June. So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rachell874

We put through an application with BOI and waited 3 months for an actual reply which was 60k under their initial in principle approval it was a complete circus and a waste of our time dealing with them - I wouldn't believe a word they say in their adverts about granting mortgages. We have good savings, no debts and 2 permanent jobs yet can't seem to get approval - I'm now back in another approval process which seems to be taking equally as long - I am almost giving up hope of ever getting approval.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 decg

Applied in late August via broker and its still on going, hopefully it will be completed in the coming weeks, banks turn around time is horrendous

Do either of you have a current property at the moment, I know the don't like giving out second mortgages!

Advertisement