Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 5s from states unlocked ?

• 19-11-2013 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I want to get a friend to pick up an iPhone 5s from the states but seem to be finding conflicting answers if it can be got unlocked. Has anyone got one of the pre pay tMobile iPhones working over here ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It appears the prepay T-Mobile iPhones are unlocked for use outside the US.

If you buy iPhone for T-Mobile, it will arrive with a nano-SIM card already installed that you can activate by visiting an Apple Retail Store or a T-Mobile store or by calling T-Mobile. When you travel internationally, you can use a nano-SIM card for iPhone 5s from a local GSM carrier. For details on LTE support, see www.apple.com/iphone/LTE.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone5s

• Registered Users Posts: 8 marcopop

Hi im in the same boat, did you go ahead and get one? I have a friend on holidays over there and the guy in the Apple Store says the iPhone 5s is unlocked but he wasn't supposed to say it was.. strange, anyway im not sure what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Just to reply to this thread aswell the ones in U.S Apple stores with the t mobile Sims are definitely unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

This was discussed here three weeks ago while I was in New York. The US 5s is unofficially unlocked and the 5c is officially unlocked,, this is from apple sales staff in Grand Central NY apple store. The 5s is locked to US networks T Mobile but they work as unlocked in Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Just to clarify,they work immediately in the states with your Irish sim,so are 100% unlocked regardless of where you are :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 marcopop

Thanks so much this makes me a happy man, one coming to me tomorrow from America :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

Happy days getting them to activate it in the store so it will be ready to go on Christmas Day for the girlfriend thanks for the replys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

kristok 2 wrote: »
    Happy days getting them to activate it in the store so it will be ready to go on Christmas Day for the girlfriend thanks for the replys

What do you mean activate it? Will you have an Irish sim to give them or just turn it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭gorevs

A friend of mine brought back a 5c. Modela a1532 Took out of box in Irelandt turn end on activated and works heres fine on any network

Advertisement