Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Chocolates?

Options
  • 20-11-2013 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

So Christmas is fast approaching (too fast!) and I've got most food related things planned but I'm wondering about vegan chocolates? I know Celtic used to do them but are they available any more? I've looked in a few shops that carry the brand and all I've seen is the Santa Sack thing but not the chocolates. Their website has been down for maintenance for over a month now so I can't check there either. Does anyone know if they're still on the market? If not do any other brands make them?

Edit: Just looked at their facebook page now and there's a lot speculation that the company is actually gone out of business. :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Divine Chocolate makes vegan truffles.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

I saw these in Tesco on Parnell Street last night - http://www.alternativestores.com/ethical-shop/Chocolate-Sweets/Chocolate-Treats/Choices-Caramel-Chocolates/prod_3335.html

EDIT: I now notice that your location is Galway, so that's not much use to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I saw these in Tesco on Parnell Street last night - http://www.alternativestores.com/ethical-shop/Chocolate-Sweets/Chocolate-Treats/Choices-Caramel-Chocolates/prod_3335.html

EDIT: I now notice that your location is Galway, so that's not much use to you!

I should have mentioned I'm in Galway in the first place, sorry. I'd actually forgotten about the caramels, as far as I know Holland and Barret still have them so will definitely get a pack (or two :P).

Was more thinking of the mixed boxes they used to do though. Like there were a few varieties in the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Those 'Choices' caramels are overpriced in Holland and Barrett and Nourish, in comparison with Dunnes and Tesco prices. Shop around if you can! You will find about 2/3 euro in the difference.

Also, the Celtic Chocolates Company make the 'Choices' brand, so they can't be out of business! They do chocolate and orange chocolate packs of buttons, which would be great stocking fillers.

The selection box by Celtic Chocolates seems to reappear every year - I treated myself to one last year, though it was a little more than I'd usually spend on chocolate. And I certainly bought it in November last year in Tesco.

I've begun treating myself to a vegan milk chocolate bar with honeycomb on top, by 'moo free'. I get it in one particular branch of Nourish in Dublin (GPO Arcade - not available in the other branches), but I'm sure if you were interested your local health food store could get them in. Delicious!
    moofree_mini_hunnycomb.jpg

Advertisement