Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission for a shed

Options
  • 20-11-2013 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

How much would it cost to get planning permission for a shed? I want to build a shed out back but what I'm looking for is about 40msq and this is bigger than the regulation allowance of 25msq. I'm trying to figure out what extra cost this will add to the project and see if it is worth the extra money or should I just build to the regulation size. I will need drawings and what ever full planning requires so take these factors into account.
    Cheers:).

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

How much would it cost to get planning permission for a shed? I want to build a shed out back but what I'm looking for is about 40msq and this is bigger than the regulation allowance of 25msq. I'm trying to figure out what extra cost this will add to the project and see if it is worth the extra money or should I just build to the regulation size. I will need drawings and what ever full planning requires so take these factors into account.

you also need to have a minimum of 25 msq of actual garden space between the shed and the back of your house , dont forget that part of the planning regulations .

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

sorry for butting in on this, but I am looking for an answer to the same question, Or can someone from cork city area advise. If so PM me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

strandsman wrote: »
    sorry for butting in on this, but I am looking for an answer to the same question, Or can someone from cork city area advise. If so PM me.

Depending on oh you use :

Architect
    Engineer
    Architectural Technician
    Local draughtsman

I would imagine a cost of approx €500 - €1500. And it will vary greatly. Get all the info up front. One guy might quote €600 them you pay all fees on top of that, and another guy quote €1000 but include all fees paid. So compare like with like.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fealeranger

Full Planning application with detailed building drawing for a shed about 50-60sqm was quoted €600-€650 VAT inc. Companies all say planning is not a sure thing(similar to betting €650 on a horse:eek::rolleyes::P). Bigger or smaller made no difference to the price provided it was not an indoor soccer arena. Once the shed is over 25sqm or a certain height around 4m I think, maybe someone knows the max height, planning is required. This quote was obtained from 4 seperate individual companies fully registered and insured.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Full Planning application with detailed building drawing for a shed about 50-60sqm was quoted €600-€650 VAT inc. Companies all say planning is not a sure thing(similar to betting €650 on a horse:eek::rolleyes::P). Bigger or smaller made no difference to the price provided it was not an indoor soccer arena. Once the shed is over 25sqm or a certain height around 4m I think, maybe someone knows the max height, planning is required. This quote was obtained from 4 seperate individual companies fully registered and insured.

thats very cheap for a registered company considering :
    • Planning Fee : €34
    • Newspaper Notice : €100-€200
    • OSi Maps : €60
    Then theres the days woork surveying the house and gathering all the admin and arranging the above list.

Then printing, lamination of site notice and client meetings etc, not alot in it as a nixer, never mind a fully insured, registered practice.

In regards to the exempted developement for the shed :
    • 25 Sq.M
    • Max Height of 3m (Flat Roof) or 4m (Pitched)

• Advertisement
Advertisement