Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden 3570k ?

Options
  • 20-11-2013 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I just overclocked my 3570k and I'm certain it's a 'golden' 3570K and that I've won the silicon lottery big time.

xr84s4E.png

OC details:
    4.7GHZ with Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo
    Prime95 running CPU@100%: 53*C, 1.176v max, Prime95 stable.

Also, the Asrock z77 pro3 wouldn't let me have a manual voltage control so it only had offset. (therefor my PC GHz will drop when idleing and only go to 4.7GHZ when needed) :D

I haven't tried going to 4.8GHZ yet but I might tomorrow. Going to run a 12 hour prime 95 test to verify stability.

Gaming improvements:
    In ArmA 3 my max FPS was 48. Now 59.
    Will check BF4 and BF3 soon too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Great stuff, wish I had that chip :D

Your measured Vcore is 1.200, hitting a max of 1.216. I assume 1.176V is what you set in the BIOS? That's a bit weird, since usually the voltage under load will "droop" lower than the setting. You either have the LLC (load line calibration) set to the most aggressive value, or your board overvolts (I've heard that Asrock boards may do that).

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Looks like your max temp is actually hitting 66C. Still good for that overclock. Just make sure to keep an eye on the max value across all four cores. Typically one or two of them get a bit hotter than the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Brian OH 99

Oh I didn't even notice the Voltage by the motherboard o.O
    I just saw the voltage under the 3570K as 1.176V. Yeah I set the offset to +0.200 in BIOS and also changed the fan speed from default( which kept it at max 24/7) to a custom one like you said --- thanks :D

Confirmed stable too:
    HWkvnqQ.png
    Ran it for 7 hours 7 mins on the default custom test settings.

Advertisement