Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc to tv cable help.

Options
  • 20-11-2013 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I've a Lenovo desktop that I have been using as a media player using VGA cable to watch on my Sony Bravia.

I have just bought an LG smart tv that doesn't have a VGA port. My Lenovo doesn't have hdmi it just has VGA and display port. The display port won't allow me get any audio so I've given up in that.

I have bought a cable that claims do be a VGA to component converter cable.
    Has anybody any experience like this and will this cable do what I want it to?

Here's the cable:
    http://m.ebay.ie/itm/180745712805

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

get yourself one of these and use HDMI
    display port to HDMI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Yes that will do fine, it will only supply video so you will need an RCA to 3.5mm cable for audio, you probably have one already since VGA does video only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I have a display port to Hdmi adapter an it works for video but I can't get the audio to work at all. I've tried everything that google can offer. It seems to be an issue that is very common.

Advertisement