Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify This Turtle/Terapin + Advice

Options
  • 20-11-2013 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭

My sister came into possession of this animal after the owner couldn't look after it.

Could you suggest what exactly it is and how best to look after it please?

10z48er.jpg

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭eg6 vtec

looks like a yellow belly slider to me, what size tank do you have for it? as they can get big fast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

eg6 vtec wrote: »
    looks like a yellow belly slider to me, what size tank do you have for it? as they can get big fast

It's about a 48' x 18" x 30".

Any other suggestions around water levels or diet or whatever please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Uaru

You need a uv light, a heat light and basking dock, an aquarium heater set to 25 degrees and a good filter, preferably an external. Feed it turtle pellets as they are less messy than most other foods. They can get to the size of a dinner plate so an indoor pond will be necessary when its adult size. Fill the tank up just enough so it can't climb out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Thank you, will pass the advice on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Try the tortoise trust website for advice. It will steer you in the right direction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement