Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong infraction

Options
  • 20-11-2013 5:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭

I recieved a red card infraction from FreudianSlippers in the Legal Discussion forum on 01-10-2013 for "Inciting real details for the purpose of legal advice."

I did not give any legal advice as I do not know how to give legal advice, I was only discussing the topic with the OP.

I believe the only reason I got the infraction was that a Mod from a different forum told me to stop giving advice, the same mod had told the OP to "seek legal advice", which is more advice than I gave and I believe FreudianSlippers only gave me the infraction because the other mod had made a comment on thread about me first. In essence, the other mod was back seat modding as it wasn't their forum.

I have contacted FreudianSlippers, in a very polite manner, on numerous occasions to ask why I got the infraction and to have the infraction removed and I have not recieved any answer. I also asked was the other mod given an infraction for actually giving legal advice or back seat modding.

I cannot link the thread as FreudianSlippers marked it "Private".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Hey dobman88,

The purpose of this forum is to investigate the specific moderator action you are disputing. If you have an issue with another post or poster, please use the report function and if you have an issue with general moderation, please use the Feedback forum.

Rather than down to any undue influence from others, you were infracted for breaching a basic tenet of the Legal Discussion forum. You took the hypothetical situation that was up for general discussion and not only intentionally turned it into a real-life scenario, you presume to ask for more details in order that you can better advise the OP on likely sentencing, advice that only a qualified legal professional should be proffering.

The Legal Advice Charter clearly states "No legal advice" and clarifies:
    The provision of legal advice is defined as the giving of legal advice, assistance or interpretation which is or is intended to be applicable to a specified real-life scenario.

Infraction upheld. Please indicate if you wish an admin to review.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hi Ickle Magoo, that's fine. I just wanted an explaination. I am happy with your reply, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement