Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5s screen guard

• 20-11-2013 9:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any recommendations for a screen guard, I was thinking of getting a zagg one in carphone warehouse, and letting them put it on, does anyone know if they would be any better than having a go myself, they want €6 to fit it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Stay away from zagg, they're rubbish. They feel horrible and collect dust and dirt easily. Carphone can fit them well, but you will need to get it replaced every few weeks as it becomes dirty and starts to peel off.

I've used 'media devil' screen protectors for the last few years and they are the best I've found (from trying many brands). About a tenner for 2 delivered from amazon here. They are extremely clear and you can't notice them on the phone at all. Obviously these will require you to put it on yourself, but they have instructional videos to help you put it on correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Dave6195 wrote: »
    Stay away from zagg, they're rubbish. They feel horrible and collect dust and dirt easily. Carphone can fit them well, but you will need to get it replaced every few weeks as it becomes dirty and starts to peel off.

I've used 'media devil' screen protectors for the last few years and they are the best I've found (from trying many brands). About a tenner for 2 delivered from amazon here. They are extremely clear and you can't notice them on the phone at all. Obviously these will require you to put it on yourself, but they have instructional videos to help you put it on correctly.

Thanks Dave, they do have a strange feel to them, I've ordered the one you recommended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Get a Moshi ivisor xt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭heffo500

I find the Spigen Ultra Crystal excellent put it on my new iphone 5s when it arrived and you cant even notice it, no air bubbles and feels just like the phone without a screen protector to feel. Have used one of there other ones two which was also excellent

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SPIGEN-SGP-Protector-Crystal-Steinheil/dp/B009KPPBSM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1384955422&sr=8-3&keywords=spigen+iphone+5+screen+protector

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SPIGEN-SGP-Protector-Steinheil-Crystal/dp/B008SGIQYK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384955442&sr=8-1&keywords=spigen+iphone+5+screen+protector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,909 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Kagawa wrote: »
    Has anyone any recommendations for a screen guard, I was thinking of getting a zagg one in carphone warehouse, and letting them put it on, does anyone know if they would be any better than having a go myself, they want €6 to fit it

I went for that protector for my 4S a couple of years ago and paid for the "expert" install service. They made a mess of installing it by leaving the cutout for the earpiece still there. As regards the protector. It felt weird, made the screen look terrible & also turn orange after a few weeks. Not a good experience for €30.

Personally I never cover the screen with a protector because I take care of it. I don't even use a case but my iPhone is in perfect condition. If you're worried about damaging the screen maybe consider taking out Apple Care+ on the phone if it's less than 30 days old?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

I'm thinking of getting this one.

Buy it off Amazon or eBay probably.

Advertisement