If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to pass through composite video via HDMI using Yamaha RXV375.

Options
  • 20-11-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I bought this amp from you guys a few months back and it has composite video inputs as advertised. When I select the input though I hear sound but there's no video on my tv via HDMI. How do I fix this?

Also, just wondering is it possible to have the amp pass through the sound when in standby?

Many thanks,

-Zaphod

PS Love the amp - it's fantastic!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

zaphodbeeb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I bought this amp from you guys a few months back and it has composite video inputs as advertised. When I select the input though I hear sound but there's no video on my tv via HDMI. How do I fix this?

Also, just wondering is it possible to have the amp pass through the sound when in standby?

Many thanks,

-Zaphod

Hi Zaphod,

It's a great amp indeed :)

Unfortunately though it doesn't upscale from component :(  You'll need to run a video cable from the 'Monitor Out' to your TV.  Or just connect your component devices directly to the TV and then use an optical or coaxial cable to carry the audio through the amp.

Also had a quick flick through the manual and can't see any options for audio passthrough when on standby.

Sorry I couldn't help much.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

zaphodbeeb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Many thanks,

-Zaphod

Hi Zaphod,

It's a great amp indeed :)

Unfortunately though it doesn't upscale from component :(  You'll need to run a video cable from the 'Monitor Out' to your TV.  Or just connect your component devices directly to the TV and then use an optical or coaxial cable to carry the audio through the amp.

Also had a quick flick through the manual and can't see any options for audio passthrough when on standby.

Sorry I couldn't help much.

Chris
    Thanks for the reply - I appreciate it.

Hugely disappointed though - it never occured to me when the spec said composite / component in that it wouldn't go via HDMI - audio pass thru not working in standy is another thing I didn't know I'd need to seek out (i.e. be not there by default).

You live and learn I guess.

-Zaphod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Some of the higher end models do convert video so essentially you are looking for video conversion or up scaling as the feature.

Sorry this wasn't better news.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Hi there.

Some of the higher end models do convert video so essentially you are looking for video conversion or up scaling as the feature.

Sorry this wasn't better news.

ATB

Dave
    The perils of reacting to a great deal online versus going into a shop I guess.

Oh well.

Thanks for your help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.