If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from 42PX70 plasma

Options
  • 20-11-2013 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,  I'm hoping to replace my old Panny 42PX70 but I'm unsure if i should make the switch to LED or should i stay with Plasma.  My plan is to move to a 55 inch,  mainly using Sky but hopefully santa will bring a PS4  so i need something with a decent refresh rate. 

I've narrowed it down to these models but i'm open to suggestions

TX-L55ET60B

TX-L55DT65B

TX-P55ST60B

What do you think?   would you suggest a different brand (LG, Samsung, Sony)

Thanks
    Pierre

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

MPJones wrote: »
    Hi,  I'm hoping to replace my old Panny 42PX70 but I'm unsure if i should make the switch to LED or should i stay with Plasma.  My plan is to move to a 55 inch,  mainly using Sky but hopefully santa will bring a PS4  so i need something with a decent refresh rate. 

TX-L55ET60B

TX-L55DT65B

TX-P55ST60B

Thanks
    P
    Pierre,

apologies for the delay getting back to you and thanks for the opportunity to quote,

TX-L55ET60B - £1179.95 - stunning TV - now available with delivery at just £19.95 to the ROI

TX-L55DT65B - gettin serious now - £1499.95 with free ROI delivery

TX-P55ST60B - unfortunately we dont stock this model but we do stock the Stunning:

TX-P55VT65 - £1999.95 - Completely stunning TV and the best plasma you will ever see at any sort of reasonable price ( Pana are shortly to cease Plasma production :mad:) Again free ROI delivery.

at the moment I really think Panasonic are having a party on the TV front and there is very little that can compete with them, but one TV worth a look is teh LG 55LA790 which is currently on a deal at just £1299.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/55la790w/lg-55la790 ( again with free delivery) - its a really well specked TV with 800Hz refresh rate and well worth a look!

Keep us posted if we can assist and apologies again for the delay getting back to you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MPJones

MPJones wrote: »

TX-L55ET60B

TX-L55DT65B

TX-P55ST60B

Thanks
    P
    Pierre,

apologies for the delay getting back to you and thanks for the opportunity to quote,

TX-L55ET60B - £1179.95 - stunning TV - now available with delivery at just £19.95 to the ROI

TX-L55DT65B - gettin serious now - £1499.95 with free ROI delivery

TX-P55ST60B - unfortunately we dont stock this model but we do stock the Stunning:

TX-P55VT65 - £1999.95 - Completely stunning TV and the best plasma you will ever see at any sort of reasonable price ( Pana are shortly to cease Plasma production :mad:) Again free ROI delivery.

at the moment I really think Panasonic are having a party on the TV front and there is very little that can compete with them, but one TV worth a look is teh LG 55LA790 which is currently on a deal at just £1299.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/55la790w/lg-55la790 ( again with free delivery) - its a really well specked TV with 800Hz refresh rate and well worth a look!

Keep us posted if we can assist and apologies again for the delay getting back to you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John, have my heart set on a Panasonic but I'll check out the LG,  is the any Samsung's models worth looking at?

Do all the Panasonic still have 5 year warrenty if they are purchased online? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi MPJones, there are a few Samsung models worth looking at.

The best value is in the Samsung UE55F7000 which is £1799.95.

This is actually similar spec to the LG that John mentioned (on paper) although the Samsung does offer better performance and some additional bells and whistles such as Freesat, on board camera etc etc.

The Samsung UE55F6500 is also a very decent TV and this is priced at £1149 although compared to the Panasonic and the LG, I would rate this a very good third.

The LG is certainly the best specification for the money although the Panasonic models are brilliant also.

The Panasonic models do come with a 5 year warranty.

Hope this helps.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

This is actually similar spec to the LG that John mentioned (on paper) although the Samsung does offer better performance and some additional bells and whistles such as Freesat, on board camera etc etc.

The Samsung UE55F6500 is also a very decent TV and this is priced at £1149 although compared to the Panasonic and the LG, I would rate this a very good third.

The LG is certainly the best specification for the money although the Panasonic models are brilliant also.

Hope this helps.

ATB

Dave

Sorry to hijack the thread but what about the Sony 55W905? Seems to get some cracking reviews around and is priced around the Samsung?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

SK1979 wrote: »

Hope this helps.

ATB

Dave

Sorry to hijack the thread but what about the Sony 55W905? Seems to get some cracking reviews around and is priced around the Samsung?
    Yep, good option and slightly less expensive than the Samsung 55F7000 - its currently £1749.95

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Parker.B

Just a question on 5 year warranties, Have been told that all TVs even one with a 1 year warranty really has at least 3 years European standard warranty, Is this true? 
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Parker, I was asked this a while ago and when I went looking, I cannot find anything to say that this is part of UK law as the sale of goods act covers this.

It was a European suggestion that manufacturers should offer a 2 year warranty as standard.

Some of the manufacturers like Yamaha, Denon, Marantz etc have already made this move but some have not. Eg. Panasonic currently only offer a 1 year warranty. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.