Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear Site width to allow access for fire appliances

Options
  • 20-11-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

Renovating old house with large garden if possible I would like to add a garage to side of house as part of renovation. Bought the house with planning permission to build 2nd house to rear and hoping to build garage to side without affecting PP i.e. access to rear of house for fire appliance. If I build the garage the side access will be reduced to 4 metres at the narrowest point.

Anybody any idea's/insight on minimum width side access needs to be for planning permission?

As far as I can tell I need 3.7 metres minimum for fire appliance access. Do I need more than 3.7 / 4 meters?

Table 5.2
    http://www.environ.ie/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/BuildingStandards/FileDownLoad,1640,en.pdf

Appreciate any guidance.

Advertisement