Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic Powermax Complete

Options
  • 20-11-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi All,

Recently bought a house with this alarm installed. Worked fine and had no problems.

Had some construction work being done and one of the sensors attached to the back door was thrown out by accident. So the alarm won't arm now, because I presume it's seeing 1 zone as missing.

Having looked at the manual and being unable to delete the removed zone. Is my only option to call out the installer and they use the Installer Mode to remove it?

I don't want to have to disable the zone after every arm/disarm which I found is an option in the manual.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you tried the default engineer code 9999?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

yup 9999 and 8888 are listed in manual but neither work :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You would need to get it defaulted & set back up.
    Is there many devices on the system?
    Can you PM me the company that installed it?

there's 2 motion sensors and 2 door sensors currently still installed

Wouldn't take long to reprogramme it.
    Do you have monitoring set up?

• Advertisement

have it linked to my mobile if it goes off

Easy enough to set up if you want to give it a go yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi All,

Recently bought a house with this alarm installed. Worked fine and had no problems.

Had some construction work being done and one of the sensors attached to the back door was thrown out by accident. So the alarm won't arm now, because I presume it's seeing 1 zone as missing.

Having looked at the manual and being unable to delete the removed zone. Is my only option to call out the installer and they use the Installer Mode to remove it?

I don't want to have to disable the zone after every arm/disarm which I found is an option in the manual.

Thanks

You could default the system yourself.
    Turn off the mains going to the panel.
    loosen the two screws located at the bottom of the panel.
    Remove the panel from its back plate.
    Disconnect the battery.
    There are two left hand jumper pins marked DEF, fit a jumper across them.
    Reconnect the battery, then remove the link.
    If the system defaults, go into the user menu 1111, then scroll to installer mode, 9999.
    Refit the panel and turn back on the mains.

altor wrote: »
    You could default the system yourself.
    Turn off the mains going to the panel.
    loosen the two screws located at the bottom of the panel.
    Remove the panel from its back plate.
    Disconnect the battery.
    There are two left hand jumper pins marked DEF, fit a jumper across them.
    Reconnect the battery, then remove the link.
    If the system defaults, go into the user menu 1111, then scroll to installer mode, 9999.
    Refit the panel and turn back on the mains.

cheers altor, sounds like my weekend project is decided :)

Do not short the 2 left hand pins they are D and E...
    Short out the 2 right hand pins. That's E and F,
    Power up with these shorted and the time and codes will reset with everything else intact.
    So power up with E and F shorted, disarm using 1111 goto installer and enter 9999

• Advertisement

cheers altor, sounds like my weekend project is decided :)

Your welcome, if you have any issues let us know.
    I have come across more of these systems set up incorrectly.
    My preference is to default and reprogram.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Do not short the 2 left hand pins they are D and E...
    Short out the 2 right hand pins. That's E and F,
    Power up with these shorted and the time and codes will reset with everything else intact.
    So power up with E and F shorted, disarm using 1111 goto installer and enter 9999

short D & E and everything gets wiped?
    short E & F and just codes get wiped?

short D & E and everything gets wiped?
    short E & F and just codes get wiped?

That is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RockyPantaloon

Hi All,

Sorry to resurrect this thread but am having issues finding or resetting the installer code for a Powermax Express unit. I'm trying to add a PIR and can only do this through the installer menu. I tried the above but it doesnt seem to have worked. Maybe I did something wrong?

On my circuit board theres 2 sets of pins, each set has 3 pins. The leftmost pins are DEF (the right ones are RST). I attempted to short pins E&F (i.e. the 2nd & 3rd pins of the leftmost set of 3) as I didnt want to wipe the memory entirely in case I would have to reconfigure the whole system from scratch. As I dont have a jumper wire/cable I just used an electric screwdriver and held it against the 2 pins before I inserted the battery. I presume this will have had the same effect as using a jumper? I do wonder if it worked at all though as my personal access code to disarm the alarm is still the same as it was before I did anything. This leads me to question did I really short anything....

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

That should do it. Try something that will give you a more definitive connection across the pins though.

KoolKid wrote: »
    That should do it. Try something that will give you a more definitive connection across the pins though.

Thanks for the quick response! I might try wrapping some copper wire around the pins instead (making sure not to touch anything else of course). I did wonder whether the small head of the screwdriver was enough for a stable connection. Will let you know how it goes

No joy with that either. The copper was definitely touching both pins and nothing else. And again my disarm pin is still the same so am guessing it did nothing. Is my only choice to attempt shorting D&E now and configuring the whole thing from scratch? Def wont be attempting that tonight!!

Advertisement