Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple - Black Friday

• 20-11-2013 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭

Do Apple have price reductions on Black Friday? Considering getting my mother an iPad for xmas and will wait if there are any deals to be had.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Apple are least known to offer deals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭glen25

Thanks for the prompt reply. So is that a yes or no then?

You can wait as Xmas is still 5 weeks away but I don't see them offering any deals not even for black Friday or cyber monday... if you've someone in states they can get them cheap for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Captain Morgan - are you sure? I haven't seen them offering discounts on any of their flagship products...may be I missed them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Captain Morgan - are you sure? I haven't seen them offering discounts on any of their flagship products...may be I missed them...

They offer minimal discounts, ranging from 5% to 10% at most for a top end device.

Lower end or older stock is reduced by at most 20% for iPods and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭glen25

Sounds like it might be worth my while waiting so. Every € helps.

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Sonics2k wrote: »
    They offer minimal discounts, ranging from 5% to 10% at most for a top end device.

Lower end or older stock is reduced by at most 20% for iPods and the like.

So are you saying i can get 10% (€60) off an ipad! Ya right good luck with that.
    More like 5 or 10 EURO off but not %!!! And if i remember correctly some years they dont even give any reductions! try the refurb store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Stab*City wrote: »
    So are you saying i can get 10% (€60) off an ipad! Ya right good luck with that.
    More like 5 or 10 EURO off but not %!!! And if i remember correctly some years they dont even give any reductions! try the refurb store.
    pretty sure that was the discount last year..

+1,

As long as I've been following them, they never give 5-10% discount on any of their current flagship models...though they offer discounts on refurb one's all year..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Aye, you're right. Kinda dropped the ball on that one. Wasn't doing the math even nearly right in my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the discounts from last year are super easy to look up on google surprisingly enough

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/23/apple-launches-black-friday-sale-in-u-s-with-discounts-on-ipads-macbook-pros-airs-and-more/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

+1,

As long as I've been following them, they never give 5-10% discount on any of their current flagship models...though they offer discounts on refurb one's all year..

Guys, you need to follow them more closely. I got €50 (10%) off our iPads last year on Black Friday. The iPad 4 with retune had just been released and it was still discounted by 10%. So yes they do discounts and yes they can be 10% off iPads.

What's the official date for Black Friday btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I've bought 2 ipads on separate black fridays at a discount. I remember i got the tablet and cover for about the price of the ipad before the discount.
    +1,

According do you i didn't get any discount, hope Apple don't come back and try to get the money back off me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

kceire wrote: »
    What's the official date for Black Friday btw?

Changes every year. It's the Friday after thanksgiving (4th Thursday in November) in the US. This year it's the 29th of November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'm very tempted by the new iPad Air, and if going by last year (I think it was €40 off) it could be gotten for €450. Not a bad price! and the reviews have been extremely positive which surprised me. Didn't seem like a huge change, but looks like it is one.

I'll be keeping an eye out and might be tempted to pick up a little Christmas gift to myself :D They usually offer a few small discounts on products, it's a handy way of saving a few euro on an iPad.

Lads, if you got the discounts that's well and good. I thought apple were notorious for not doing deals and offering huge discounts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

glen25 wrote: »
    Do Apple have price reductions on Black Friday? Considering getting my mother an iPad for xmas and will wait if there are any deals to be had.

Currys doing €50 cash back on iPads from €300-500 until I think December 4th. I'm picking one up for herself tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Lads, if you got the discounts that's well and good. I thought apple were notorious for not doing deals and offering huge discounts.

Stop spreading false information. You'll see the discounts next Friday (29th).

I got a fair chunk off 2 iPads on Black Friday deals.
    whiterebel wrote: »
    Currys doing €50 cash back on iPads from €300-500 until I think December 4th. I'm picking one up for herself tomorrow.

Did you read the terms? You have to return the form no earlier than 21 days and no later than 60 days from when you buy the item. Make sure you put a reminder in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Isnt it 30 euro cashback only for 300-500?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Spipov wrote: »
    Isnt it 30 euro cashback only for 300-500?

Balls, you're right, all the other tablets are €50, iPads €30.

Balls, you're right, all the other tablets are €50, iPads €30.

I remember a week or two ago I seen the iPad Air offers €50 cash-back though. But the Mini and Retina Mini only offer the €30 cash-back.

TBi wrote: »
    Stop spreading false information. You'll see the discounts next Friday (29th).

Excuse me, I'm not spreading false information. Except Apple all the major companies offer discounts on their flagship products year round in some form or shape. That's the reason I said apple are notorious for not offering huge deals on their flagship products.

If you got discount it's good for you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Excuse me, I'm not spreading false information. Except Apple all the major companies offer discounts on their flagship products year round in some form or shape. That's the reason I said apple are notorious for not offering huge deals on their flagship products.

Everybody gets one on Black Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

they do its called education discount..:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

They usually do good deals on their refurbed stuff on Black Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Hoping to pick up an iPad Air on Friday if they do a discount.

It seems this years Black Friday discount from Apple will be based around Gift Cards instead of money off. It's a bit crap compared to past years IMO, a gift card is great an all but I would of preferred the money off.

Was tempted by a discounted iPad Air but don't think I'll bother now. As good as a gift card is the discount was the only incentive for me to get one, it's the one time of the year you can get a brand new iPad on discount from Apple. It seem not anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

The joys of global shopping. It is Black Friday now in several parts of the world.

You can see the Apple offers at http://store.apple.com/nz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

The discounts were never great from Apple but these are particularly bad. They've gone the way of the Back To School promotion where they used to offer free iPods and now just give you a gift card to download software.

Advertisement