Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple - Black Friday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Zcott wrote: »
    The discounts were never great from Apple but these are particularly bad. They've gone the way of the Back To School promotion where they used to offer free iPods and now just give you a gift card to download software.

Confirmed here

Gift cards :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

kceire wrote: »
    Everybody gets one on Black Friday.

I see Apple are giving huge discounts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

f F Sakes!!!!!!!! i was looking forward to getting an ipad tomorrow from them. Currys, here i come. too bad apple. i have already bought all my software and dont need the coupon.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I see Apple are giving huge discounts :rolleyes:

You dropped a :rolleyes: , don't forget to pick it up on the way out.

Discounts were offered by apple every year on Black Friday. Just because they changed it this year, people can't read the future ya know.

Now go buy a lollipop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That is some load of bullsh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Keno wrote: »
    why? lucky that they're even doing black friday in any other country than america.

why? lucky that they're even doing black friday in any other country than america.

Because previous years it was discounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you're missing my point. black friday is an american thing. the fact we get anything at all is a bonus.

You dropped a :rolleyes: , don't forget to pick it up on the way out.

Discounts were offered by apple every year on Black Friday. Just because they changed it this year, people can't read the future ya know.

Now go buy a lollipop.

I dropped it for you, and don't forget to suck your lollipop's from last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Apple store down now, so obviously updating prices etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Wow the sense of entitlement in here is something else.

Wait until midnight, ye might be surprised.

I dropped it for you, and don't forget to suck your lollipop's from last year.

Think you may have to eat your words there sonny boy!
    Not as big a discount as last year but still decent savings.

Now, I'll accept an apology no problem. Thank you.

Good thing they listened to me and changed their plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Weird, they offer the discounts to Ireland and not the US/Aus. Maybe the discount was a gift card for Apple products and because we haven't got a store they offered the price discount instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

DubDJ wrote: »
    Weird, they offer the discounts to Ireland and not the US/Aus. Maybe the discount was a gift card for Apple products and because we haven't got a store they offered the price discount instead.

UK got the discount... Curious, hhhhmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

10% discount and still 50 euro cheaper on amazon (ipod touch)

32GB iPad Air at €534 is very tempting. Selling my previous iPad would almost cover costs of this (downgrading from 64GB - 32GB). Luckily i'll have a while to think on it. :rolleyes:

32GB iPad Air at €534 is very tempting. Selling my previous iPad would almost cover costs of this (downgrading from 64GB - 32GB). Luckily i'll have a while to think on it. :rolleyes:

Do it.

One of us! One of us! Gooble-gobble, gooble-gobble!

Do it.

One of us! One of us! Gooble-gobble, gooble-gobble!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Guys, you need to follow them more closely. I got €50 (10%) off our iPads last year on Black Friday. The iPad 4 with retune had just been released and it was still discounted by 10%. So yes they do discounts and yes they can be 10% off iPads.

What's the official date for Black Friday btw?
    TBi wrote: »
    I've bought 2 ipads on separate black fridays at a discount. I remember i got the tablet and cover for about the price of the ipad before the discount.

According do you i didn't get any discount, hope Apple don't come back and try to get the money back off me...

Discounts are cr*p as they are every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Stab*City wrote: »
    Discounts are cr*p as they are every year.
    Wow the sense of entitlement in here is something else.

I agree...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

With all the cloud facilities available 32gb is plenty

Think you may have to eat your words there sonny boy!
    Not as big a discount as last year but still decent savings.

Now, I'll accept an apology no problem. Thank you.

Selective and paltry discounts of 10-20 euros proves what I said "Apple are notorious when it comes to offering discount",

Now, I'll accept an apology no problem. Thanks

Selective and paltry discounts of 10-20 euros proves what I said "Apple are notorious when it comes to offering discount",

Now, I'll accept an apology no problem. Thanks

€35 off the basic iPad air is not paltry.
    Anyway, point is you said they don't offer discounts. You were told they do in Black Friday, to which you made an attemp at being smart with your previous comment. Not very successful and made yourself look like a fool.

If that's the kind if childish behaviour you engage in, can't even admit you were wrong when you where then I'm out. I'll just click the ignore button on your username now and won't are your next posts. Thanks.

Anyway, point is you said they don't offer discounts. You were told they do in Black Friday, to which you made an attemp at being smart with your previous comment. Not very successful and made yourself look like a fool.

If that's the kind if childish behaviour you engage in, can't even admit you were wrong when you where then I'm out. I'll just click the ignore button on your username now and won't are your next posts. Thanks.

Looks who's talking about childish behaviour, people who were jumping up and down about how they got Huuuge discounts, When I pointed Apple are not very popular in offering huge discounts.

There's ZERO discount on Ipad mini 2 and curry's offering more discount on apple products than themselves. Which once again proves what I said. So you can jog on now kiddo.

Sounds like your the childish one in this situation. €35 euro is paltry its not even 10%

Stab*City wrote: »
    Sounds like your the childish one in this situation. €35 euro is paltry its not even 10%

Thanks for your biased view ;)

€35 is €35, better in your pocket than there's. All you have to do is look at the other thread to see the amount of people who bought today, and that's from a limited pool on boards. How many others took the plunge to buy today, it's a decent saving on a product that never gets discounted ;)

Thanks for your biased view ;)

€35 is €35, better in your pocket than there's. All you have to do is look at the other thread to see the amount of people who bought today, and that's from a limited pool on boards. How many others took the plunge to buy today, it's a decent saving on a product that never gets discounted ;)

My view was solely based on your childish comments in the thread above. :rolleyes:

No actually id rather buy it elsewhere because as the same with every year apple's discount ain't worth mentioning. Currys are giving €50 cashback and ive seen a couple other offers which equate to more than apples discount.

The only place to get a serious discount from apple is the education versions or the refurb store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Apple don't need to discount fully.

I think this is apple not competing with the resellers on their Black friday offerings as it would be stupid to do such a thing.

undercutting your resellers on a discount day???

Irish logic at its best there if you question it. it makes perfect sense for Apple to offer a discount but yet not beat out its resellers offerings

Also Europe got discounts rather than gift cards as Apple don't sell gift cards to everywhere in Europe yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

flexcon wrote: »
    Apple don't need to discount fully.

I think this is apple not competing with the resellers on their Black friday offerings as it would be stupid to do such a thing.

undercutting your resellers on a discount day???

Irish logic at its best there if you question it. it makes perfect sense for Apple to offer a discount but yet not beat out its resellers offerings

Also Europe got discounts rather than gift cards as Apple don't sell gift cards to everywhere in Europe yet.

Ehh aren't there deals up now?

Advertisement