Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to vaping - problems...

Options
  • 20-11-2013 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Am just a couple of days off the cigarettes and I'm using the Joyetech Eroll which I think is great and very easy to use.
    Couple of issues I am having you may be able to help me with...

Throat hit consistency - I'm not having much consistency with throat hit at all, one drag I will be thinking ah yes sure that's fine and then the next its like I am getting nothing?

Indigestion! - I am wondering if this is because I am swallowing so much air? Seem to be getting pains like trapped wind in my chest

Maybe both problems are down to the fact that I'm just not vaping correctly?
    I am trying to consciously take long slow puffs and go easier than on the fags?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I wonder how much of this is due to smoking withdrawal! I got trapped wind in my chest during the first week off the smokes.....felt generally lousy tbh...as for irregular throat hit....try another flavour of e-juice and see if the same happens.

Most people here will advise you to get a decent tank system instead of a cig-alike. I failed on a cig-alike and came back and got a tank system....major difference, using a dripper for the first time now too and just as most people on here say, it is a whole step up again from the tank system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

dubsgirl wrote: »
    Hi All

Am just a couple of days off the cigarettes and I'm using the Joyetech Eroll which I think is great and very easy to use.
    Couple of issues I am having you may be able to help me with...

Throat hit consistency - I'm not having much consistency with throat hit at all, one drag I will be thinking ah yes sure that's fine and then the next its like I am getting nothing?

Indigestion! - I am wondering if this is because I am swallowing so much air? Seem to be getting pains like trapped wind in my chest

Maybe both problems are down to the fact that I'm just not vaping correctly?
    I am trying to consciously take long slow puffs and go easier than on the fags?

I agree totally with what dePeatrick said,those batteries are not powerful & I do not like cartridges,they give a false taste,indigestion & no proper throat hit which us nicotine addicts crave for.Being newly off the fags,you need a mod that pushes out 4 to 6 volts & a good tank system.those erolls you use will only put out about 3.2 volts under load,you might as well suck air.Check out the videos on youtube,if your still not sure what I'm talking about,let me know & I'll send you some utube links for you to watch & good vendors to buy stuff from.
    Happy Vaping:)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

dePeatrick wrote: »
    ... using a dripper for the first time now too and just as most people on here say, it is a whole step up again from the tank system.

What dripper do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Wiggy wrote: »
    What dripper do you use?
    I am using an eBaron Pro, I got it to go with a mod. Although it is my first dripper I would not recommend it as a first dripper, it is fiddly to set up and rebuild though I am getting used to it, it is not for the faint hearted tbh....

I had intended to get something like an A6 or an Igo L but got shinyitis at the Vapefest and bought an inexpensive Mod, seen that the eBaron would look great on it and went for it.

If I was patient I would have waited and bought a Bulli to go on an Ego....maybe again. The eBaron is giving a great vape, best I have had so far when it is set up, but think unless you are either a constant mender/fiddler/messer with small electro-mechanical objects as I am....it would put you off.....

The rebuilding route was one that I could not resist as I have always had a set of electronic tools within arms reach so did not need to purchase any tools or a meter......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Speaking of the Bulli, the only thing bad about it is its capacity in dripping mode. Holds maybe 4-5 drops but any more and it will leak out the side airhole. It comes with carts as well so you can use them for larger volumes and it won't leak but I always found that the vape wasn't as good with them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement