Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawal Limits/Restrictions on Closing Bank Account

Options
  • 20-11-2013 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Folks, Bank of Ireland. Non-EU resident has held an account for over ten years, having opened it whilst temporarily based here following a transfer by Irish employer to Ireland. Since returned home.

Now wants to close a/c and withdraw funds. Plans on travelling here to do so.

It's a substantial amount here, near six figures, and I can appreciate the branch wouldn't have it to hand without notice. Can accountholder insist on cash in full? How much notice/what limits...??? Can bank insist on bank draft for full amount or bank transfer only? Does the fact that destination of funds is outside EU have any bearing?

I don't have full details - my wife has been asked by her foreign colleague to interpret for her colleague in dealings with the bank here.

I'm tempted to tell my wife to stay well clear...

Advertisement