Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Login problem

Options
  • 20-11-2013 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

My XP login dialog defaults to my name with lowercase initials. When logging in I change this to uppercase initials but every time I log off and on again it reverts to lower case.

In the registry - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon - DefaultUsername was writtten with lowercase initials. I changed this to uppercase and it seemed to work for a few logins but has gone back to lowercase.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Just in case this happens for somebody else it turned out that the user profile had gotten too large and was not copying back to the server. So, any change to the login name was saving to the roaming profile.

Advertisement