Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple IP addresses

Options
  • 20-11-2013 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭

The broadband usage meter on the Eircom stats page is showing 3 different IP adresses for my account. We have a laptop and a desktop PC, 2 tablet pc's and 2 smartphones which are all using the Wi-fi. Can anyone explain the multiple IP addresses ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

The broadband usage meter on the Eircom stats page is showing 3 different IP adresses for my account. We have a laptop and a desktop PC, 2 tablet pc's and 2 smartphones which are all using the Wi-fi. Can anyone explain the multiple IP addresses ?

Thanks
    HI redsteveireland

Technical support have advised me that as you don't have a static IP (you are on a Dynamic Ip which is industry standard) assigned this would create a new IP each time you reset or power cycle your modem.

They have also advised me that if you have any further queries on this that it's best to contact them directly on 1890260260.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Ah, that explains it, thanks very much for the prompt response!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ah, that explains it, thanks very much for the prompt response!
    No worries redsteveireland

Al

Advertisement