Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute from Bettystown?

Options
  • 20-11-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭

My OH and I are looking to buy in Bettystown - more bang for your buck as they say. He will be bus/train to Dublin city centre and doesn't mind the commute however I will be driving. I need to be in Raheny for 9am - am I looking at leaving at crack o dawn or what roughly is the drive?

I know it depends on term times etc but just a general consensus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Barring any sort of freak weather incident or accident on the Motorway if you leave a 8 from Bettystown you should be there with a fair bit of time to spare in Raheny. I generally leave at about 7.30 and am in work in city west sometime between 8.30 and 9 depending on what idiot has crashed on the m50, but the M1 moves quite quickly in the mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

It's not that bad these days. Now that the upgrade has finished around swords there's usually no bottlenecks barring incidents.

Just one thing, your OH will be spending €50+ on buses to and from the city centre every week. Would you not bring him in with you and leave him at a Dublin Bus stop/Dart station to avail of cheaper fares/higher frequencies? Or do you work completely different shifts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Just one thing, your OH will be spending €50+ on buses to and from the city centre every week. Would you not bring him in with you and leave him at a Dublin Bus stop/Dart station to avail of cheaper fares/higher frequencies? Or do you work completely different shifts?

Yep could do that. I work by the dart station so that would be easy enough. He has his own business so timing is his own really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dyziool

Hi, how long does it take to get to M1? Is the Bettystown jammed in the morning 7/8 am?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭padjo5

dyziool wrote: »
    Hi, how long does it take to get to M1? Is the Bettystown jammed in the morning 7/8 am?

You mean how long from Bettystown village to M1? 10-12minutes. Never any real delays on that route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭positron

White Cross School traffic causes a bit of a tail back thru Julianstown around 8:45 - 9:15 am.

Advertisement