Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eset Smart Security (Anti-Virus and Firewall)for 3 Computers £19.99 from £38

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Eset is absolute crap though. I'm generally against purchasing AV but eset is not the way to go if you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

I've never had a problem with Eset. Faaaaar far better than anything from Norton that's for sure and a ton less resources used (useful if you're a gamer).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Eset is absolute crap though. I'm generally against purchasing AV but eset is not the way to go if you are.

Are you joking? ESET is by far the best paid home solution for anti-virus, they time and time again beat competitors in performance tests and detection rates - far superior to McAfee and Norton

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

Check out some of the independent AV testing before buying.

For example, see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭dodzy

Xzen wrote: »
    Eset Smart Security (Anti-Virus and Firewall) with a license for 3 Computers £19.99/~€23 from £38.81/~€46

Very useful if you have a few PCs and a laptop at home :)

It's in Amazon's Lighting deals for another 5 minutes
    You're going to hear loads of this "WTF ! You actually paid for antivirus ! You gotta be kidding me !! MSE FTW, bla bla bla"

I sit here and anxiously awaits arrival of "Anti-Virus anti-purchase police";)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

dodzy wrote: »
    You're going to hear loads of this "WTF ! You actually paid for antivirus ! You gotta be kidding me !! MSE FTW, bla bla bla"

I sit here and anxiously awaits arrival of "Anti-Virus anti-purchase police";)

Free is a much better bargain than costing money.

User Avast for years and never had a problem:

http://www.av-test.org/no_cache/en/tests/test-reports/?tx_avtestreports_pi1%5Breport_no%5D=133160

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Kevin! wrote: »
    Are you joking? ESET is by far the best paid home solution for anti-virus, they time and time again beat competitors in performance tests and detection rates - far superior to McAfee and Norton
    Anything is superior to those two!

Use Bitdefender myself. Deals come up for 3 licenses cheaply every so often. Find the firewall great, as I have set it so that nothing "dials home".

Advertisement