Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop died without any warning

Options
  • 20-11-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi yesterday my laptop died. I just closed it cos my sister called. and when I opened it again. blank screen. I tried turning it off and even took out the battery but still no joy there is power going to it as the on button light up.. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas before I have to call in the expert :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Hi, it may have gone into hibernation.
    Take out the battery, with the battery out, hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds.
    Reinstall the battery and see if it powers on.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

No joy with that.. the "on" light is on and I can hear it is working.. could it be the screen? and if so would it be worth fixing? I think its about 6/7 yrs old

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Turn it on and then hold down the power button, don't let go until you hear it click off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Mark.87

If you have spare monitor, PC or modern TV just plug the laptop into it. If you get somthing its just the monitor (the ribbons / cables often go on older devices).

Advertisement