Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Tralee

Options
  • 20-11-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi Just wonder what broadband ye have and how do ye find the connection in Tralee town ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I have eircom fibre broadband and its pretty good, generally get around the 30mb/s mark or above. €50 a month. Oakpark area.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lucillel

Thanks Decurley, I wouldn't be a big user so couldn't justify paying that. I might us it a for a few hours at wkend that's all so lookin for a cheaper package. And tryin to compare different companies. But that's for your imput. There are virtually no threads on broadband in Tralee so I am also hoping this will help people decide. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I have Vodafone Simply Broadband at my house. Only switched a few weeks ago and have no complaints so far.
    Getting 10 Mbps at worst! €30 quid a month.

At my mothers house, she has Imagine Wimax. Seems ok, not many problems with it but the speeds aren't great (4 Mbps is the fastest I've ever seen it), €36 a month

At my dads house, he has Digiweb. Its more or less the same as Imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

You're probably just better off getting mobile broadband, you can get it on pay as you go so only pay for what you want. There's probably not much point paying montly fees and installation fees etc if you're only gonna use it once a week. Vodafone probably have the best coverage in Tralee town for mobile broadband but you wont get the same speeds as you would with fibre broadband. Although if you're just gonna be browsing the internet it'll work fine for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cambasque

sorry to jump in here, anyone know what it is like out in leith east/west ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Have you tried the eircom site? You can enter your address and it'll say if you can get fibre
    https://secure.eircom.net/fibre/viewDetails/bundle/bu_23.

thanks siblers!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

Hi cambasque,

Which provider did you end up with?

In the same boat as you now living in Kielduff area and thinking of switching providers.

I got Vodafone and im delighted with it. I live in Tralee town. its €27 per month and unlimited usage.

its called simply broadband.

• Advertisement

pickled101 wrote: »
    Hi cambasque,

Which provider did you end up with?

In the same boat as you now living in Kielduff area and thinking of switching providers.

I didn't get to buy in the end due to a health problem:( i have to look for something smaller, not sure where but in the kingdom :) will be back no doubt to trying to get a reasonable broadband service as i won't be able to afford to buy in town, which i probably wouldn't like anyway as i like my peace and quiet !

Advertisement